+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long the entire process takes for an appeal of a removal order based on RO

ysccl

Jul 15, 2024
Hi,

I'd like to know how long it typically takes from filing an appeal (Remove order of not meeting RO) to the final hearing and decision? Does it take more than six months?
Anyone knows? Thank you!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I'd like to know how long it typically takes from filing an appeal (Remove order of not meeting RO) to the final hearing and decision? Does it take more than six months?
Anyone knows? Thank you!
Yes it often takes around a year although we don’t hear about meany cases so there could be significant variability. If appeal is denied time in Canada will not counts if you don’t have a valid PR card get health card (and a driver license in some cases) can be difficult in many provinces.

ysccl

Jul 15, 2024
Yes it often takes around a year although we don’t hear about meany cases so there could be significant variability. If appeal is denied time in Canada will not counts if you don’t have a valid PR card get health card (and a driver license in some cases) can be difficult in many provinces.
Thank you for replying! Understood. And do you know if, during the waiting period after an appeal application, the person involved can temporarily leave Canada to wait for the hearing notification and decision if they have special medical needs? Because I saw on the official website that there is an option to attend the hearing online (Have a lawyer appear in court in person at the same time)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for replying! Understood. And do you know if, during the waiting period after an appeal application, the person involved can temporarily leave Canada to wait for the hearing notification and decision if they have special medical needs? Because I saw on the official website that there is an option to attend the hearing online (Have a lawyer appear in court in person at the same time)
You should remain in Canada without leaving. If you leave, this will work very much against you in the appeal process.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You’ve got to decide what is best for your family and how strong a case you have for the appeal. Agree that if no in Canada it makes approval less likely but either way not guaranteed. How much time have you spent in Canada? When did you get PR? Why did you not meet RO?