+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take to get a Temporary Resident Visa from Detroit office?

stole

Nov 10, 2011
I mailed out the application 3 days ago, and it was received by the detroit office yesterday. Now, because of the change of plan, I need my visa by this thanksgiving. Is there any thing I can do to make sure I get the visa by thanksgiving? Any suggestions are Very Very appreciated.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

stole said:
I mailed out the application 3 days ago, and it was received by the detroit office yesterday. Now, because of the change of plan, I need my visa by this thanksgiving. Is there any thing I can do to make sure I get the visa by thanksgiving? Any suggestions are Very Very appreciated.
Well Canadian Thanksgiving is not until Oct/2012 so you have lots of time. If you expect it by Nov/24 Detroit is showing 30 days for a processing time. There is nothing you can do.

ashokcan

Apr 28, 2011
stole said:
Hi

Can you go personally to Detroit office personally and explain that you need visa by Thanksgiving and its important for you. They may give you Visa. 8)

stole

Nov 10, 2011
Do you think that will work? The following is their response to my email asking if they can help find my application, and then I will come to their office apply in person.

"Passports sent to us by mail will be returned to you by United States Postal Service regular mail unless Xpresspoost or Expressmail envelopes were provided at the time of application submission.

Any envelope sent separately from the original application package CANNOT be guaranteed to to be matched to the proper application.

We will not return your passports by courier. Our office is not liable for lost or stolen passports including passports lost in the mail.

Passports sent to us by mail cannot be picked up in person."

ashokcan said:
Hi

Can you go personally to Detroit office personally and explain that you need visa by Thanksgiving and its important for you. They may give you Visa. 8)

ashokcan

Apr 28, 2011
stole said:
Do you think that will work? The following is their response to my email asking if they can help find my application, and then I will come to their office apply in person.

"Passports sent to us by mail will be returned to you by United States Postal Service regular mail unless Xpresspoost or Expressmail envelopes were provided at the time of application submission.

Any envelope sent separately from the original application package CANNOT be guaranteed to to be matched to the proper application.

We will not return your passports by courier. Our office is not liable for lost or stolen passports including passports lost in the mail.

Passports sent to us by mail cannot be picked up in person."
My Dear Stole,

If you think, its really important for you to be there on Thankgiving Day[/b] then you should go and explain them. It depends, how you present your situation. It can work. Good Luck 8)

stole

Nov 10, 2011
Hi, Ashokan,

I will be in Detroit on Monday. I will kindly ask them to give my application back so I can apply in person. I am just wondering if there is any thing I need to pay attention to?

Thanks.

Stole

ashokcan said:
My Dear Stole,

If you think, its really important for you to be there on Thankgiving Day[/b] then you should go and explain them. It depends, how you present your situation. It can work. Good Luck 8)

ashokcan

Apr 28, 2011
stole said:
Hi, Ashokan,

I will be in Detroit on Monday. I will kindly ask them to give my application back so I can apply in person. I am just wondering if there is any thing I need to pay attention to?

Thanks.

Stole
Hi Stole,

Well, I think you should not request to return your application.If you need to apply again,they can ask you to do so. You can explain, you had an intention to visit for this so called reason earlier. Now you have to explain the reason for change of plan, that you had to be there for Thanksgiving day can understand. Have you been that country before or its the first time ? Happy Thanksgiving. 8)

stole

Nov 10, 2011
Happy thanksgiving to you!!!!
This is the second time.
I had a on-campus visit for a job interview in Canada. The date is Dec. 20th. I can not change the date, and they just received my application last week. I have to make sure I can get the visa by Dec. 12th to guarantee this interview opportunity.

ashokcan said:
Hi Stole,

Well, I think you should not request to return your application.If you need to apply again,they can ask you to do so. You can explain, you had an intention to visit for this so called reason earlier. Now you have to explain the reason for change of plan, that you had to be there for Thanksgiving day can understand. Have you been that country before or its the first time ? Happy Thanksgiving. 8)

kriscanada

Dec 19, 2011
HI Stole, did you finally get your visa from detroit office?
I am planning to send in my application to Newyork...
Is the same day visa applications still accepted at Newyork and Detroit?