+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long did it take you to receive ECA from WES/ICAS?

nnadalinn

Sep 11, 2014
Hi guys,

I'm planning to submit my application under FSW by the end of this year (pretty unlikely huh?), but obviously the first thing that needs to be done is what they call an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) of my education. I know it may well be too late now, but I only made up my mind on my application a few days ago and couldn't possibly know that the rules will change unfavourably as of January.

At any rate, of the three assessing institutions only WES and ICAS are relevant in my case, because my country doesn't appear in the list of countries as maintained by the third institution (CES). I'm wondering as to how long did it take you guys to receive your ECA? Officially, WES says that "All processing times begin upon receipt and approval of all required academic documents and payment in full. The standard processing time is 20 business days." Since it all needs to be approved first, this obviously doesn't mean that I'll get my papers in 20 or even 30 business days, but how long does it tend to take in actual reality? ICAS is probably out of the question already, as their processing time is 15 weeks (!) now.

The whole thing is further compounded by the fact that whereas I need to send my diploma, it is actually my former university (not me) that is instructed to send a "Diploma Supplement containing a complete record of all courses taken and individual grades obtained for all post-secondary study".

Thanks for any answers.

arika

Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/10/2014
Nomination.....
14/01/2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2015
nnadalinn,
you're absolutely right, WES is the only feasible option at this point of time. And chances are pretty high that you'll get your ECA in 20 business days. WES is generally efficient and many people on this forum got their ECAs even before the estimated time. It's important though to opt for international express delivery, as regular snail mail may take weeks.

To make things rolling you can start with requiesting your Uni to send transcripts to WES as this negotiation process also takes time.

fakenoob

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi Changed to Colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 Nov 2014
Doc's Request.
CC Charge 14 Jan 2015
Nomination.....
PER 5 Feb 2015
AOR Received.
19 March 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the app
File Transfer...
19 March 2015
Med's Request
11 May 2015
Med's Done....
15 May 2015
Interview........
Waived Expected
Passport Req..
June-2015 Expected
VISA ISSUED...
July-2015 Expected
LANDED..........
Visiting in Oct-15 ,immigrating in April 2016 Planned
nnadalinn said:
Hi guys,

I'm planning to submit my application under FSW by the end of this year (pretty unlikely huh?), but obviously the first thing that needs to be done is what they call an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) of my education. I know it may well be too late now, but I only made up my mind on my application a few days ago and couldn't possibly know that the rules will change unfavourably as of January.

At any rate, of the three assessing institutions only WES and ICAS are relevant in my case, because my country doesn't appear in the list of countries as maintained by the third institution (CES). I'm wondering as to how long did it take you guys to receive your ECA? Officially, WES says that "All processing times begin upon receipt and approval of all required academic documents and payment in full. The standard processing time is 20 business days." Since it all needs to be approved first, this obviously doesn't mean that I'll get my papers in 20 or even 30 business days, but how long does it tend to take in actual reality? ICAS is probably out of the question already, as their processing time is 15 weeks (!) now.

The whole thing is further compounded by the fact that whereas I need to send my diploma, it is actually my former university (not me) that is instructed to send a "Diploma Supplement containing a complete record of all courses taken and individual grades obtained for all post-secondary study".

Thanks for any answers.
i have sent my sealed transcripts to WEST on 16th and the my courier tracking says it has been delivered on 20th. till today there is no updated i WES site that they received the documents. this is understandable and i may be seeing the status change by this week. hopefully they will send my assessment report in 2 weeks. i am hoping i wlll get the documents on 5th nov. i will keep you posted about it or u can PM me as a reminder.

flangepoint

Jun 1, 2014
fakenoon and others, where are you guys with the WES reports? Did you get them? if yes, could you each one of you mention 2 things
1. Day/month online application was completed & payment was made
2. Day on which your recieved your reports.

We can all benfit from the average time it takes by having a census here.

Thank you,
Sushant

nnadalinn

Sep 11, 2014
flangepoint said:
fakenoon and others, where are you guys with the WES reports? Did you get them? if yes, could you each one of you mention 2 things
As a matter of fact, I for one didn't send my papers after all, in other words I didn't carry through with my application, simply because some personal issues emerged and I had to scrap my plans. I don't know at this point if I'll ever have a chance to go back to what I'd planned to do.

Obafemmy

Dec 3, 2018
1. Day/month online application was completed & payment was made
2. Day on which your recieved your reports.

We can all benfit from the average time it takes by having a census here.

Thank you,
Sushant
Hi all. Please any one who has gotten their ECA can help respond to this as this can help give an estimate of the actual wait. Thanks. Please including the date documents received at WES