Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waiting and hoping
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting and hoping
LANDED..........
Waiting and hoping
My family are waiting to get our passports back with Visas on them ;D. We still haven't decided where to do our landing yet. My uncle lives in Lethbridge, Alberta and we're thinking of landing there so he can take care of us. So I want to know more about Lethbridge from people who live there. I've heard that It is a small town with not many activities, Is that true ?

didi7878

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman/Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/24/2013
Doc's Request.
[color=green]PER:9/13/2013[/color]
Med's Request
12/15/2014
Med's Done....
01/09/2015
Passport Req..
16/06/2015
VISA ISSUED...
24/06/2015
LANDED..........
07/07/2015
Hi,

I have a close friend who lives for years in Cochrane, near to Calgary. He recommends strongly Calgary, not only for newcomers. His opinion it is the best place to live in Canada due to economical, financial and "outdoors" point of view. Calgary is in close distance to Rocky Mountains and have all necessary facilities which big city needs to has.
I know also people who live in Lethbridge. It is nice city, but life there goes very slowly. Mostly for families. If this suits you, thats ok.
But if you are Jordanian, I think it might be a little bit boring for you to live there. ;)
And one more issue: this city is very windy :D Its located on prairie, really flat surface without obstacles as hills or large forests around, so you can only imagine how windy can be there.

Moeomar

Jan 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw, Poland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2009
Doc's Request.
20-2-2010
File Transfer...
12-12-2011
Med's Request
22-12-2013
Med's Done....
08-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waiting and hoping
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting and hoping
LANDED..........
Waiting and hoping
Thanks a lot for the reply :)

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
I think Lethbridge is a great choice, housing there is much cheaper than Calgary, which is expensive and tight (it can be hard to rent, showing up without a job and a just-opened bank account). There will be initial jobs that you can find there, and if you have a profession that cannot be accommodated, it is a good place from which to move to Calgary later on. It's not even that small by Canadian standards, if you're not living in Edmonton or Calgary, Lethbridge is one of the largest places in the province. That said, it has two drawbacks:

- it is always windy with a raw, blustery wind. ALWAYS. Some people find this maddening. My wife and I decided to move to Alberta and strongly considered Lethbridge until we spent a day there, my wife couldn't take it.

- it has had a lot of fairly ugly development along one artery. I'd recommend arriving there first before committing to a rental, so that you can see how your home relates to the rest of the city. For parts of it you must have a car to access, it depends on how important walking is to you.