+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How I will file Refugee Claim

MPNP_Winnipeg

Aug 13, 2012
Hi I am a Pakistani national, right now in Canada on a visit Visa. I am a practicing lawyer in Pakistan, practicing for almost 25 years. Last year I was engaged by a minority religious class in Pakistan as they were facing the wrath of the local laws against them and I represented them in their cases. due to this particular reason a proscribed organization in Pakistan started threatening me of dire consequences or I have to leave the cases of the minority. they are making threatening phone calls to me that me and my family will be done to death if I will further proceed with the cases of the religious minority of Pakistan. Me and my family in Pakistan are having serious threats of dire consequences .Please advise me how to proceed with my refugee claim in Canada. How long it will take. Regarding this situation I informed my Bar Association in Pakistan, but no response was given by them. the organization which is extending threats to me is a declared Proscribed Organization as per Pakistan Laws. I never dared to set the machinery of law in motion as the stated organization is very influential in Pakistan and I am not in position to confront them upfront as my wife and children will be at risk then. I don't want to make any fowl move. plzz also advise me than should I apply for my claim from Montreal or some other place.