+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how hard is getting a visa for my wife to study and for me to accompany ??

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your wife needs to be accepted to a college, she needs to show that she can afford tuition and living expenses for the first year and she needs to show that she has strong ties to the old country and will return. If she is successful, she will get the visa. If you apply together at the same time, you will either be both accepted or refused. If she applies first, it may happen that she is accepted based on strong ties to homeland for leaving her husband behind but then you apply to join her, you could be denied based on being a risk to over-stay. If you are both accepted, you can get an open work permit based on her study permit.

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
Leon said:
If you apply together at the same time, you will either be both accepted or refused.
Not neccessarily. even if you both apply, depending on the evaluation of the VO, wife could be granted a study permit and you could be denied one.

how do i know ? it happened in my case. :(

I think its pretty tough to get into Canada thru the wife on study permit, Spouse accompanying route these days. the CHC has wisened up to the fact that these kind of applicants are not genuine temporary cases. 8)