waived
Passport Req..
20-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2011
LANDED..........
29-12-2011
Hi,

I am recently in talks with a potential employer and things are looking pretty good. Besides, I am also interested in this job and I see this as a great opportunity for growth in my career. However, I am currently on a 3 year open work permit which is expiring in Sept this year :(
and I haven't really told this new employer about my situation. I am wondering how easy it is for me to get a positive LMO if I were to switch jobs at this point in time.
I am currently employed and my current employer (1.5 years almost) is willing to file an LMO on my behalf.
Don't really know what to do. any advise would be greatly appreciated :)
Regards

robert_in_la

Feb 4, 2011
Not easy. I can tell you right now that 3 LMO are no longer being given out as there is an influx of people who have been laid off in the market place. My 3 year permit expired and I was only allowed to have a 1 year permit. I am a executive level professional for a major company who has a lot of political clout and a major employer in Vancouver.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One point. It IS easier to get an LMO for a person who was on a post-graduate work permit and is changing to a regular WP. No advertising or recruitment efforts need to be shown by the employer when applying. And you can request and get a work term of up to two years in these cases, even in Vancouver.

robert_in_la

Feb 4, 2011
rjessome said:
One point. It IS easier to get an LMO for a person who was on a post-graduate work permit and is changing to a regular WP. No advertising or recruitment efforts need to be shown by the employer when applying. And you can request and get a work term of up to two years in these cases, even in Vancouver.
You are correct but from what I read the original poster made not mention of being on a post-graduate work permit. So we are both correct :)

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

rjessome said:
Note the no advertising for PGWP to WP is for the SAME employer as well.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

Note the no advertising for PGWP to WP is for the SAME employer as well.
Yes. Important point that I should have included. Thanks.