+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How does an international student with medical conditions bring his long-term prescription drugs in Canada?

aurobanari

Jun 2, 2023
India
Category........
STUDY
Hi everyone,
I am an international student heading to Canada for Fall 2023 intake. I have a history of hypertension (high blood pressure) and have recently been diagnosed with Type-2 Diabetes. I am on medication for both the conditions. I am wondering how much of my prescription drugs I can bring to Canada with me in one attempt.
I do recall reading somewhere that visitors to Canada can bring about 90-days worth medicines, but what do I do when I run out of medicines?

Consulting a Canadian physician and getting meds from within Canada may be an expensive route that I am trying to avoid as a student. So is there any way I can bring in my meds once they are over and how easy and smooth is the CBSA when it comes to allowing meds from outside Canada? The last thing I want is my meds to be stuck at the border and eventually denied.

Additionally, will I be allowed to bring a Glucose Monitoring device and a Pressure monitoring device with me in my checked-in luggage?

Thank you for your time