+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How Do You Really Feel About EE? And the Future of Canadian Immigration Laws

AlekseyKimKIS

Oct 15, 2015
Hello everyone! Hope everyone is having a nice day.
Just a quick little survey-like thing I want to ask all of you people- How do you really feel about the EE Program?
While I was fooling around online, I came across a petition about how the EE shouldn't require an LMIA, and how they should allow students who are immigrating through EE be allowed to 'renew' their Work Permits. The thing has over 8000 supporters, so I was thinking...
Do you think the EE system is efficient? Do you think it should stay or should it change?

Another thing I was thinking about was, as you are probably aware, in a few days, Canada will have a huge election.
I am to believe that all these tough immigration laws were imported by the CPC...However, in this election...Me and a lot of other people (including my teacher who's from Canada) thinks that the Liberal government will take over (either that, or there'll be a minority government)
Here's another question:
What do you think will happen to the immigration laws if the Liberal Party gets control? Will it stay the same? Harder? Or easier?i

Thank you, and have a nice day to y'all.

~Alex from South Korea

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EE is far more efficient than the previous immigration routes. As immigrants, we don't have to like it, what matters is it works for Canada's needs and going on the gov reports on it, so far its performing as expected. So if Canada is happy with it, that's what counts. We need to work with it.

As EE is new and only in the introductory phase yet, its not going anywhere anytime soon. I can see the new gov making changes such as skill demand lists etc, but they won't make any major change to the system itself as so far, its working to meet Canada's needs.

What we need to remember is that EE was basically introduced to allay Canadian's fears about unskilled immigrants coming to Canada. The system ensures the people who come now are skilled and can contribute and become part of Canadian society. Any government will only make changes in response to the voters demands and there's no appetite with the voters to make it easier. In fact, given the choice, a lot of them would like to make it harder - not because they don't want people coming but they want more control over who is coming. Its complicated. but they have other issues they're more focused on right now so there isn't much demand for change to it.
And PR people don't have a vote so what we want is irrelevant really.