+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how do you fight loneliness and impatience?

cranberries

Apr 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/01/2013
AOR Received.
21/01/2013 AIP Received 14/02/2013
Med's Done....
26/11/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2013
VISA ISSUED...
10/29/2013
LANDED..........
12/08/2013
Hi everyone!

Waiting is never easy, especially if you're waiting to be reunited with a loved one. i noticed that everyone is so serious in this forum. Everyone is full of anticipation and anxiety, including me. All these strike thing going on around the world is making me go crazy. I desperately want to be with my husband. if I could i would board the next plane going to Canada right this very second. Since that is not possible, and we are not rich to pay for his ticket to travel back and forth to the Philippines, I have learned to focus my energy on the things I have always wanted to do but never have the chance to. I won't say that I am no longer fighting the urge to fight with my husband, :p. here are some of the things I do to keep me from going crazy:

- Aside from my day job, I started working online.this helps me save money faster.
- I studied yoga and do it at least 3 times a week. this helped me become more patient and understanding.
- I am on the process of self publishing children's story books (thanks to Kindle)
- I talk to friends and family often.
- I pinterest!!!!!!lol.

All these things divert my attention from waiting and helps me keep my sanity.

How about you? How are you dealing with the the loneliness and anxiety? What are the things you've learned in this whole waiting game? Who knows, you might inspire someone.

CB

Korea2Canada

Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05- 2013
Doc's Request.
18-11- 2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
30-05-2013
Med's Request
sent with app.
Med's Done....
03-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
The fact that there are thousands of us in the same boat makes me understand the wait.

cranberries

Apr 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/01/2013
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
26/11/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2013
VISA ISSUED...
10/29/2013
LANDED..........
12/08/2013
Korea2Canada said:
The fact that there are thousands of us in the same boat makes me understand the wait.
lol yeah, there are lots of us.

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
Some days are easier than others. Daily tasks like cleaning and yard work/gardening can occupy one physically, but mentally my mind was running a mile a minute. Last spring I dug a pond in the middle of the yard! I wore myself out just to be able to fall asleep at night before my mind could go down that road...Ever notice if you fall asleep crying when you wake up your eyes feel like they are glued shut but magically sandpaper found its way in just before they sealed? :eek:

After work and even during, I would read the forum. Reading other members happy news and helping (or attempting to) made me feel good. Living vicariously through them, lol. I found it hard with family and friends as they were always asking "so, when is he coming?"or "Have you heard any news?" I know they meant well, but when trying to find some form of escapism it was not entirely useful for me.

We began making plans for things we would do once he gets here. Sometimes it actually made me feel more upset though.

We did have a long time apart (18 months) and then got an interview, so I got to go see him. I never thought I would have been thankful for an interview! We were actually lucky in timeline and decision (6 months and approved).

I should have been arranging my closet to make room for my husbands clothes! And cleaning out my "junk drawers" (all three on his side of the room, lol) as he will now need to use them. Now I have a box of stuff tools, odds and ends, sewing kit, and various other things that I need to relocate. Maybe he wont mind or notice only having 2 drawers??

Hopefully those waiting will find things to do, and if nothing else have a giggle reading this!

Take Care
MadeInCanada

cranberries

Apr 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/01/2013
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
26/11/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2013
VISA ISSUED...
10/29/2013
LANDED..........
12/08/2013
MadeInCanada said:
Some days are easier than others. Daily tasks like cleaning and yard work/gardening can occupy one physically, but mentally my mind was running a mile a minute. Last spring I dug a pond in the middle of the yard! I wore myself out just to be able to fall asleep at night before my mind could go down that road...Ever notice if you fall asleep crying when you wake up your eyes feel like they are glued shut but magically sandpaper found its way in just before they sealed? :eek:

After work and even during, I would read the forum. Reading other members happy news and helping (or attempting to) made me feel good. Living vicariously through them, lol. I found it hard with family and friends as they were always asking "so, when is he coming?"or "Have you heard any news?" I know they meant well, but when trying to find some form of escapism it was not entirely useful for me.

We began making plans for things we would do once he gets here. Sometimes it actually made me feel more upset though.

We did have a long time apart (18 months) and then got an interview, so I got to go see him. I never thought I would have been thankful for an interview! We were actually lucky in timeline and decision (6 months and approved).

I should have been arranging my closet to make room for my husbands clothes! And cleaning out my "junk drawers" (all three on his side of the room, lol) as he will now need to use them. Now I have a box of stuff tools, odds and ends, sewing kit, and various other things that I need to relocate. Maybe he wont mind or notice only having 2 drawers??

Hopefully those waiting will find things to do, and if nothing else have a giggle reading this!

Take Care
MadeInCanada
Thanks for sharing your story, that's wonderful. My husband and I are always asked of that question. I gets annoying sometimes.lol. Sometimes they would even have the nerves to ask, why it's taking so long. ugh! but I just try to be nice and say how long it usually takes.

This forum helps a lot. it gives people who are waiting hope that one day they'll receive a good news too. I am happy for you that you're past the waiting stage. maybe you should start making room for your husband's stuff.lol. he'll appreciate it. :D lol

niana.j

May 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you are from the Philippines therefore you will get your visa in the next two or three months. You have a timeline to die for. Trust me you will know what pain is if you had to wait 2-3 years to reunite with a loved one. That is the timeline Pakistani spouses are dealing with. Please wander over to the Islamabad threads and meet the poor souls dwelling in hell.

cranberries said:
Hi everyone!

Waiting is never easy, especially if you're waiting to be reunited with a loved one. i noticed that everyone is so serious in this forum. Everyone is full of anticipation and anxiety, including me. All these strike thing going on around the world is making me go crazy. I desperately want to be with my husband. if I could i would board the next plane going to Canada right this very second. Since that is not possible, and we are not rich to pay for his ticket to travel back and forth to the Philippines, I have learned to focus my energy on the things I have always wanted to do but never have the chance to. I won't say that I am no longer fighting the urge to fight with my husband, :p. here are some of the things I do to keep me from going crazy:

- Aside from my day job, I started working online.this helps me save money faster.
- I studied yoga and do it at least 3 times a week. this helped me become more patient and understanding.
- I am on the process of self publishing children's story books (thanks to Kindle)
- I talk to friends and family often.
- I pinterest!!!!!!lol.

All these things divert my attention from waiting and helps me keep my sanity.

How about you? How are you dealing with the the loneliness and anxiety? What are the things you've learned in this whole waiting game? Who knows, you might inspire someone.

CB

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
My answer to this question?
Whisky.

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Korea2Canada said:
yes. I used to do the same... or see those who applied before me were waiting...

i felt more impatient as people who applied along with me or even few after me landed and I was still waiting for this process to be over..
but I am glad... Finaaly.. better late than never.. this process CAME to an end after one year of wait

cranberries

Apr 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/01/2013
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
26/11/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2013
VISA ISSUED...
10/29/2013
LANDED..........
12/08/2013
niana.j said:
you are from the Philippines therefore you will get your visa in the next two or three months. You have a timeline to die for. Trust me you will know what pain is if you had to wait 2-3 years to reunite with a loved one. That is the timeline Pakistani spouses are dealing with. Please wander over to the Islamabad threads and meet the poor souls dwelling in hell.
I hope so it will be that quick...I'll include them in my prayers.

cranberries

Apr 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/01/2013
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
26/11/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2013
VISA ISSUED...
10/29/2013
LANDED..........
12/08/2013
DGT said:
My answer to this question?
Whisky.
lol. i down vodka. it helps sometimes :D

cranberries

Apr 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/01/2013
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
26/11/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2013
VISA ISSUED...
10/29/2013
LANDED..........
12/08/2013
simb said:
yes. I used to do the same... or see those who applied before me were waiting...

i felt more impatient as people who applied along with me or even few after me landed and I was still waiting for this process to be over..
but I am glad... Finaaly.. better late than never.. this process CAME to an end after one year of wait
yeah everything will come to an end eventually. i'm happy for you.

chelseaviel

Dec 15, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 04, 2012
Doc's Request.
addt'l docs sent on Jan. 11 and recv'd by CEM on Jan. 14 2nd addt'l docs reqt'd on Feb 26,2013 sent on March 21 recv'd on March 22,2013
AOR Received.
July 31,2012
File Transfer...
Aug.13, 2012...in-process June 7, 2013...DM July 11, 2013
Med's Request
May 09, 2013 (remed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 31, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan. 03, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 19, 2013
LANDED..........
August 09, 2013
This forum is a therapy itself therefore talking with fellow members and sharing same sentiments can somehow help us to lessen the burden that this whole process is giving...on the lighter side i learned to be more patient since i dont have a choice lol...me and my husband has been away for 3 yrs now and its not really easy..we just pray that we could hear good news soon.

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
chelseaviel said:
This forum is a therapy itself therefore talking with fellow members and sharing same sentiments can somehow help us to lessen the burden that this whole process is giving...on the lighter side i learned to be more patient since i dont have a choice lol...me and my husband has been away for 3 yrs now and its not really easy..we just pray that we could hear good news soon.
Hi,sorry to ask,but did you mean the last time you have been with your husband it was 3 years ago?
this is really hard,,,not easy at all

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
cranberries said:
yeah everything will come to an end eventually. i'm happy for you.
your process will also be soon over.. and soon you will be with your loved one..