+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How do I know whether I missed any document

Oct 3, 2024
Hi All,

I submitted my PR on June 8th under CEC STEM category. Application status is - Background checks is under process. Medical passed on August 14th.

I am having hard time as I lost my valid status because my BOWP got refused as I have put work permit extension supporting letters given by OINP (had OINP approval) instead of submitting AOR. Now again I’ve submitted BOWP with restoration as I lost my legal status.

That’s my case & background. Now my question is, How do I know whether I missed any required docs in my PR application. Do we only know until the IRCC refuses the application? If refused will I be able to submit that missing document again or do I need to wait the ITA again?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All,

I submitted my PR on June 8th under CEC STEM category. Application status is - Background checks is under process. Medical passed on August 14th.

I am having hard time as I lost my valid status because my BOWP got refused as I have put work permit extension supporting letters given by OINP (had OINP approval) instead of submitting AOR. Now again I’ve submitted BOWP with restoration as I lost my legal status.

That’s my case & background. Now my question is, How do I know whether I missed any required docs in my PR application. Do we only know until the IRCC refuses the application? If refused will I be able to submit that missing document again or do I need to wait the ITA again?
You will only know you are missing documents if IRCC sends an ADR, PRF, or simply refuses the application.

If you are refused for missing documents, you generally have to apply again from the start, including waiting for ITA again. It's critical to make sure your application is complete before it is submitted.

Good luck.

Oct 3, 2024
Hi All,

Just wanted to check with you whether i'm on a right path. My BOWP got refused due to missing AOR attached to the application. I raised a webform with explanation and attached AOR to reconsider with a hope but applied for BOWP with restoration again.

So my question is, At the time of applying i have AOR and maintained status so far. but OWP got expired on june 12, 2024.

when i checked on IRCC website for eligibility for BOWP, It was mentioned "EITHER"
  • have a valid work permit - [which i dont (expired on june 12th and was on implied status unitl the day i got refused on BOWP)]
  • have an expired work permit but maintained your status as a worker - [This is suitable to me i guess because, i maintained the status even my OWP expired]
  • be eligible to restore your status and get a work permit - [eligible to restore, because i have a NOC 1 job since last year and now stopped working]
With that being said, Am i eligible to apply for BOWP with restoration (attaching AOR this time) OR should i go for Visitor record OR i can submit both?

If i have both submitted, and if the BOWP again got refused for any reason and asked to leave Canada, will i be able to wait for the Visitor record application decision?