+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How do i enter my period of unpaid leave of absence

ozzy1997

Jan 28, 2024
Hi,
I would appreciate help with my case because it is kind of tricky.

I am employed at a company from september 12th 2022 to date. With this work experience my crs score gives me 2 years or canadian work experience points. However, i travelled to my country on leave due to a personal emergency from june 30th to october 22nd 2023. My company allowed me paid vacation from june 30th till july 18th ans then my unpaid leave of absence kicked in from july 18th till october 22nd. I resumed working on october 23rd and am still working in the same role. If i enter my work experience in my work history from september 12th 2022 till present, i have 2 years of canadian experience. My reference letter says nothing about the leave of absence. Im not sure what to do and how to enter this work experience in my work history. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,
I would appreciate help with my case because it is kind of tricky.

I am employed at a company from september 12th 2022 to date. With this work experience my crs score gives me 2 years or canadian work experience points. However, i travelled to my country on leave due to a personal emergency from june 30th to october 22nd 2023. My company allowed me paid vacation from june 30th till july 18th ans then my unpaid leave of absence kicked in from july 18th till october 22nd. I resumed working on october 23rd and am still working in the same role. If i enter my work experience in my work history from september 12th 2022 till present, i have 2 years of canadian experience. My reference letter says nothing about the leave of absence. Im not sure what to do and how to enter this work experience in my work history. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Answer is separately as different entries. Work outside of Canada doesn’t count for Canadian experience.

Reactions: Taran D