+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How do i Confirm that application for PR CArd has been registered?

HawkEye

Jan 16, 2010
Hello,

I would like to know After the passport control , my friend was directed to the IO where she was asked to signed 3 signature on her COPR and asked her the address where she lived but IO didn't wrote anything on the copy of COPR ,not the date of land and time and signature. Though it was eventually lost.

I would like to ask Is this the new way for applying for the PR card. Does this means that PR card will be mailed to her address on the 3-6 weeks period to the address she has given to the immigration office?
Any help and suggestion would save her. Do we need to contact the Toronto IO to confirm this .Or is there any way?

When you are in trouble you ask several things so please help

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
HawkEye said:
I would like to ask Is this the new way for applying for the PR card. Does this means that PR card will be mailed to her address on the 3-6 weeks period to the address she has given to the immigration office?
It's not a new way. This has been the process for many years for those who are new PRs to Canada. The processing time is 69 calendar days + mailing time. And yes - the card will be mailed to her.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp

So it will take approximately 11 weeks to receive the card (not 3-6).

HawkEye

Jan 16, 2010
scylla said:
It's not a new way. This has been the process for many years for those who are new PRs to Canada. The processing time is 69 calendar days + mailing time. And yes - the card will be mailed to her.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp

So it will take approximately 11 weeks to receive the card (not 3-6).
Previously they have to go to the service canada office or some office literrally with a form to apply for PR card and SIN CArd. So these days they take at POE the address to deliver PR CARd and Even these days SIN Cards..........Thats' Wonderful ............Thank you senior members

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
HawkEye said:
Previously they have to go to the service canada office or some office literrally with a form to apply for PR card and SIN CArd. So these days they take at POE the address to deliver PR CARd and Even these days SIN Cards..........Thats' Wonderful ............Thank you senior members
No - that's not correct.

Previously you had to go to the services canada offices to apply for your SIN. And you STILL have to go to the services canada offices to apply for your SIN. Your SIN is not sent to you automatically.

The PR card is sent to you automatically and this has been the process for many years now.

I think you are confusing two processes. The process for SIN cards and PR cards is completely separate.

HawkEye

Jan 16, 2010
scylla said:
No - that's not correct.

Previously you had to go to the services canada offices to apply for your SIN. And you STILL have to go to the services canada offices to apply for your SIN. Your SIN is not sent to you automatically.

The PR card is sent to you automatically and this has been the process for many years now.

I think you are confusing two processes. The process for SIN cards and PR cards is completely separate.
Hi there , I just wanted to update you that this is new test service they have started out .........I have got this opportunity.........Please check the Toronto if you would like to confirm