+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How do I check if my Girlfriend really applied for Student Visa in Philippeans

nei23984

Sep 29, 2010
Hi,

I have been having a distance relationship with a lady in the Philippeans. I have never met her in person, but have confirmed her address and phone number and name as authentic.

Over last 6 months I have been sending her money for various things and recently I sent her money to obtain her Visa to come to canada. The Plan was she would come here and study at local college for 6 months while we got to know each other better in person. I Gave her the money 3 weeks ago for VISA and I transferred another $700 yesterday so she would have a local bank account there. She also went to VISA office yesterday and told her that she needed 100,000 pecos in her personal account to prove she could afford to come to canada and they would issue the VISA in 2 days once she showed the proof. I also have had no call from the Canadian Embassy in Philippeans to see if she waas going to be living at my house or any other questions (which I don't know if they do this or not).

Anyways, I am very uncomfortable sending her any more money until I can find out if she really has applied for a VISA. It seems logical that she would have to prove that she has funds to travel and study, but also need to confirm if 100,000 pecos is right or will she be asking for another 100,000 pecos next week. I love her and really beleive this is real so I don't want to question her to much on VISA application.

Is there anyone I can call that could at least confirm that she has applied for application. I don't care about any specifics, but I really need to know to make sure that I am not subject to an elaborate ongoing fraud. PLEASE HELP ASAP.

mrs B

Star Member
Dec 5, 2009
Never just sent money, if you want proof tell her to fax or email the receipts, but if I were you i would stop sending money,not unless you meet her once and she shows some serious proof..

matthewc

Jan 18, 2010
Grimsby, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland (CPC-Vegreville)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I really don't understand why anyone would send money to someone they've never met.

Students do need to show sufficient proof of funds to support themselves for the duration of their stay in Canada. I'm not sure if there's a specific amount, but likely the embassy has guidelines.

However, if you suspect something is wrong, I wouldn't send any more money.

b.h.a.b.e.s

Star Member
Mar 27, 2010
Sorry to tell u but there are a lot of Filipinas doing this kind of "job" . IF she really want to be a student here in Canada ask her which university did she applied . I gone through a lot of sending emails to different universities and they do reply for inquiries. And yes they ask who can sponsor them ,,you dont need to send her P100,000 you just need to send her ur proof of support. And mind u the processing in the Philippines cost the same here in Canada.. So if u know her address try to inform the Philippine National Police ( u can google it and the location and call them ) about this scam. I am a Filipina too and I am so furious of the "job" this pretend to be girlfriend are doing .. .And if u are still looking for a Filipina try to look around ur neighborhood or at the mall there are lot of Filipinas working in Canada now. DONT GO ONLINE SEARCHING. :)Goodluck