Med's Request
Not Needed
Interview........
Not Needed
VISA ISSUED...
18 - 05 - 15
LANDED..........
01-09-2015
Ok,I need a help to this simple issue,but a complicated in the same time.
How should I bring my money in Canada,I know that I am not allowed to travel with more than 10 000$.Any ideas or experiences,opening a bank account in canada before you arrive?

Thanks in advance

Babies0625

Feb 4, 2015
Calgary
Rihan89 said:
How should I bring my money in Canada,I know that I am not allowed to travel with more than 10 000$.Any ideas or experiences,opening a bank account in canada before you arrive?

Thanks in advance
You can bring any amount in to Canada however, if you bring $10,000 or more, you need to declare it & prove that money is/are from legit source/s. You can contact local banks from where you are located, maybe they have a partner bank in Canada.

excitedme

Apr 15, 2015
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
02-02-2018
Rihan89 said:

Thanks in advance
You can contact banks that in Canada around where you will be staying. They can open an account for you and help you transfer your money to Canada. I have had a chat with Scotia Bank sometime back and they said it was possible.

Try chatting with them online.

bedii

May 8, 2015
You can bring any amount of money to canada.
You just need to declare it.
And it should be legit.

willxclusive

Star Member
Jun 1, 2014
Rihan89 said:

Thanks in advance
It's simple but no way near complication. Get $10000cad in cad and get an international bank draft from your local bank open for any bank in your province of destination in Canada.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Rihan89 said:

Thanks in advance

I found this on CIC web page and I am sure this will solve all your questions...

--->
Money laundering and terrorist financing are international problems. Money laundering in Canada alone is estimated to be in the billions of dollars. To help fight these criminal activities, the Government of Canada has introduced the Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act.

Under the legislation, there are no restrictions on the amount of money that you can bring into or take out of Canada, nor is it illegal to do so. However, you now have to report to a border services officer amounts equal to or greater than CAN$10,000, or its equivalent in a foreign currency that you are bringing into or taking out of Canada.

This reporting requirement will assist the government in its efforts to:

investigate and prosecute offences related to money laundering and terrorist financing;
respond to the threat posed by organized crime; and
fulfill international commitments to fight transnational crime.

You can bring all your money with you although if its more than 10000 you have to report it.... dont have to pay anything for it