+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How do I answer the question that I was rejected a visa by another country before?

nwillie

Jun 18, 2024
For an ETA. I applied to the UK for a visitor visa back when I had a non-visa-free passport. I was rejected due to the office's negligence of evidence in my application, and I protested the decision so it was overturned. I was then approved, but I didn't pick up the visa. I was wondering if I should declare this when applying for a Canadian ETA for tourism? I don't mind doing so, but it's just that it was their mistake and they fixed by turning changing the decision to an approval. I just feel like saying "yes", and then explaining all of this may lead to unnecessary questions, especially if I could just avoid it all by saying "no". Has anyone gone through this/has any idea? Thank you !

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
For an ETA. I applied to the UK for a visitor visa back when I had a non-visa-free passport. I was rejected due to the office's negligence of evidence in my application, and I protested the decision so it was overturned. I was then approved, but I didn't pick up the visa. I was wondering if I should declare this when applying for a Canadian ETA for tourism? I don't mind doing so, but it's just that it was their mistake and they fixed by turning changing the decision to an approval. I just feel like saying "yes", and then explaining all of this may lead to unnecessary questions, especially if I could just avoid it all by saying "no". Has anyone gone through this/has any idea? Thank you !
Yes, you need to declare the refusal. Answering no will put you at risk of a five year misrepresentation ban.