+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How can i improve my score ?

springtip

Jan 7, 2015
Hello Subject Matter Experts,

I received the below score after submitting my profile , where do you think i still can push the envelope ?? Any power pointer spring tips will be appreciated !!! besides the EE portal tips ....

2. Try to improve your score
To improve your score and increase your chances of being drawn from the pool, you may want to:
• promote yourself to employers in Canada and seek a valid job offer,-----How ??
• contact provinces and territories to be considered for the Provincial Nominee Program,-----How ??
• improve your language score,
• get a higher level of education, or
• gain more work experience.

CRS Criteria(Married)

Principal
=======================================

CRS-Human Capital-Age ---60/100
CRS-Human Capital-Level of Edu ---126/140
CRS-Skill Transferability-Education---25/xxx
CRS-Skill Transferability-Foreign WorkExp---25/070
CRS-Human Capital-IELTS ---106/150
CRS-Human Capital-French ---0/150
CRS-arranged Employment ---0/600
CRS-P/TNP ---0/600

SPOUSE
========================================
CRS-Spouse-Level Of Edu ---0/xxx(Applying for ECA for indian MCA)
CRS-Spouse--IELTS ---16/xxx
CRS-Spouse-Canada Wrk Exp ---0/xxx

=========================================
Overall Score ---358

Best Regards
MappleMadness

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
When the Job Bank is fully integrated with EE and the provinces have all sorted their PNP systems you will be able to create a profile and promote yourself to Canadian employers and Provinces, at the moment though you'd have to apply directly to employers/provinces.

nettoyant

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
Better IELTS scores will increase your points a little bit.

“promote yourself to employers in Canada and seek a valid job offer" That’s a tricky one. I’ve know some people who got job offers from Canadian employers when they were not physically in Canada, but that was before the scandals and attacks on the TFW program. On the other hand, international students who graduated are on Post-graduation Work Permit are in a great position to do exactly that (and to get Canadian experience) since they have the support from the school where they graduated, they’ve probably starting networking since the start of the school, etc. When the job bank becomes fully operational with EE, we'll know better how to do this.

“contact provinces and territories to be considered for the Provincial Nominee Program” You have to read each nominee program website to get better informed about this. They have several programs for students who graduated and want to immigrate (sometimes you don’t even need a job offer).
See the complete list of nominee program’s websites here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-who.asp

springtip

Jan 7, 2015
Hello SMEs ,

Thanks for the tips & bright lights through the dark tunnel to reach to the end !!!

Would you please comment on the points below ??

Skill Transferability - Certificate of Qualification-------0------why i score 0 here though i have a ECA assessed Master of Computer Application & SAP certificate??
This is your Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score based on a combination of a certificate of qualification in a skilled trade and your test score for your first official language and either the highest level of education for which you received an Education Credential Assessment, or work experience in Canada.

Skill Transferability - Education-----25--------Is this max or i can push the envelope , how?
This is your Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score based on a combination of your test score for your first official language and either the highest level of education for which you received an Education Credential Assessment, or work experience in Canada.

Skill Transferability - Foreign Work Education----25------------Is this max or i can push the envelope , how?
This is your Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score based on a combination of your work experience outside Canada and your test score for your first official language and either the highest level of education for which you received an Education Credential Assessment, or work experience in Canada.

Thanks & Regards
Springtips

concorde

Star Member
Jun 16, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2016
LANDED..........
11-08-2016
springtip said:
Hello SMEs ,

Thanks for the tips & bright lights through the dark tunnel to reach to the end !!!

Would you please comment on the points below ??

Skill Transferability - Certificate of Qualification-------0------why i score 0 here though i have a ECA assessed Master of Computer Application & SAP certificate??
This is your Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score based on a combination of a certificate of qualification in a skilled trade and your test score for your first official language and either the highest level of education for which you received an Education Credential Assessment, or work experience in Canada.

Skill Transferability - Education-----25--------Is this max or i can push the envelope , how?
This is your Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score based on a combination of your test score for your first official language and either the highest level of education for which you received an Education Credential Assessment, or work experience in Canada.

Skill Transferability - Foreign Work Education----25------------Is this max or i can push the envelope , how?
This is your Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score based on a combination of your work experience outside Canada and your test score for your first official language and either the highest level of education for which you received an Education Credential Assessment, or work experience in Canada.

Thanks & Regards
Springtips
Certificate of Qualification is for federal skilled trades only.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=743&t=6

"It is a document issued by the body that governs trades in a Canadian province or territory. It proves that a person is qualified to work in a certain skilled trade. This means that they have passed a certification exam and meet all the requirements to practice their trade in that province or territory.

Depending on the province, this certificate may be called a “certificate of qualification” or a “qualification certificate.”

Skill Transferability (Education and work experience) goes in tandem with you language proficiency. Supposedly if you improve your IELTS score to CLB 9 (L: 8, R/W/S: 7) or higher, both would jump to 50 each. Notwithstanding your score would increase in the initial module where you scored 106 so far.