+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how can I find a job in canada

kelvin

Sep 20, 2008
dear
Is there anyone who can tell me how can I find a job in canada. I have applied for permanent resident in canada, and i have received the F/N. However I still need to wait for about 3 years in my country, I don't know whether i can find a job in canada before I get the resident visa. If I can , pls tell me know how I need to do. what document I have to prepare.
I am now living in China(People's Republic of ).
THKS for telling!

todiefor

Star Member
Jul 9, 2008
Look for job opening online like in monster.ca or workpolis.com. If you see job opening that fits your qualification, apply for it and hope that they will respond on your applicaton.

To be honest, it's so hard to get a job in Canada specially if your out of the country. Most companies, they want the applicant to be available immediately if they require interview in person.

Give it a try, you'll never know..

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It very much depends on your skills if they are willing to wait or not. My company had a guy come over and interview in September last year and his work permit did not come through until March or April. He is a skilled guy and they knew he would be an asset so they waited.

What he did was line up some interviews before coming over on a visit visa so that might be a good idea, look at job ads and see what area looks most promising, then try to get a visit visa and visit some companies and do interviews. You can also ask potential employers if they are willing to do a web cam interview.