+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How can I determine duration of Diploma program for the CRS calculator

blobob

Sep 17, 2024
Hi all, thanks for looking into this thread. I have, what i think is a simple question but can't seem to find any info about. I've applied and am in the express entry pool with a highest level of education of a 3 year diploma. I've recently started to have doubts about this and have started to spiral as we all do in the midst of waiting for draws and an ITA.

My question is, how would the IRCC determine the duration of my program?

I have 96 university credits from a Canadian university. Neither my diploma certificate nor my transcripts say what the duration, the program was designed for from the university. The transcripts just include the number of semesters I've studied for -which is 6. To add to my worries, the university has compressed the program starting from this year and is now only 2 years long. So if they were to search for the program online it would say 2 years. I realize its unrealistic assume the IRCC would care to search for the program and only bases your profile on the documents you submit -which leads to my second question: what additional documents can I submit to prove that the program was 3 years?

Thanks for any and all the tips you can give me!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all, thanks for looking into this thread. I have, what i think is a simple question but can't seem to find any info about. I've applied and am in the express entry pool with a highest level of education of a 3 year diploma. I've recently started to have doubts about this and have started to spiral as we all do in the midst of waiting for draws and an ITA.

My question is, how would the IRCC determine the duration of my program?

I have 96 university credits from a Canadian university. Neither my diploma certificate nor my transcripts say what the duration, the program was designed for from the university. The transcripts just include the number of semesters I've studied for -which is 6. To add to my worries, the university has compressed the program starting from this year and is now only 2 years long. So if they were to search for the program online it would say 2 years. I realize its unrealistic assume the IRCC would care to search for the program and only bases your profile on the documents you submit -which leads to my second question: what additional documents can I submit to prove that the program was 3 years?

Thanks for any and all the tips you can give me!
Length of program is typically what is used to determine PGWP length. You can try to argue that is is a condensed program but no guarantees.