+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How award that required me to go back to my home country affect my CRS score

e05sar

Sep 11, 2017
I got bachelor degree at University of Alberta, but i had to go back to my home country because of award i won for studying.
Right now my contract is expired and i have no obigations whatsoever to apply my knowledge and skills in my home country anymore.

So i was wondering should I answer YES on question "Did you study in Canada based on an award that required them to go back to their home country to apply their knowledge and skills?"

And if YES do I still get additional points for Canadian education?

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
IMO you should answer yes and this won't give you points for Canadian education.

See section 30(1)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/express-entry.asp

Exceptions
(5) For the purpose of this section, the following are not eligible credentials:
  • (a) credentials obtained in a study or training program in which the study of English or French as a second language amounted to more than half of the program;
  • (b) credentials obtained in a study or training program in which distance learning amounted to more than half of the program; or
  • (c) credentials obtained in a study or training program while receiving a scholarship or fellowship that stipulated that the recipient return to their home country to apply the knowledge and skills gained.

jamilmuradov

Star Member
Feb 23, 2019
I got bachelor degree at University of Alberta, but i had to go back to my home country because of award i won for studying.
Right now my contract is expired and i have no obigations whatsoever to apply my knowledge and skills in my home country anymore.

So i was wondering should I answer YES on question "Did you study in Canada based on an award that required them to go back to their home country to apply their knowledge and skills?"

Hey! What did you end up doing ? :)

lucasb7z

Mar 2, 2022

What did you do? :)