+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How and where in IRCC portal do I update about my marital status after getting the study visa

aurobanari

Jun 2, 2023
India
Category........
STUDY
I have got married while my study visa was still being processed. Now that I have an approved visa, how do I update IRCC about it?

My timeline:

• Applied for study permit: 31st May 2023
  • Received BVL: 14th June 2023
  • Got married: 27th June 2023
  • Got PPR: 29th June 2023
  • Got Approval: 13th July 2023
  • Got marriage registration certificate: 27th July 2023

My questions are:

1. Since Study Visa is a temporary visa and I have already got it approved, do I need to inform IRCC about it before I enter Canada?
  2. If yes, how do I update? Because the application for study permit shows approved with no way to update Family Information document.
  3. The fact that I got married 2 days before the PPR request and took almost a month to register our marriage, will it cause any concern when my spouse applies for SOWP?
Thank you for your time

aurobanari

Jun 2, 2023
India
Category........
STUDY
" The fact that I got married 2 days before the PPR request and took almost a month to register our marriage, will it cause any concern when my spouse applies for SOWP? "

It shouldn't cause any concern...
Thank you so much.
I sent a webform enquiry to IRCC attaching my marriage certificate and they responded almost 2 weeks back saying they added the document to my profile. So hopefully, the IRCC is aware of my status