+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How and when to do medical? Please help!

huckingfell

Star Member
Apr 5, 2017
My wife and I got our ITA on 5th April, and so have till 5th July to submit our application.

Most documents are in order already- work ex letters, police certificates from India and UAE, and proof of funds.

A bit confused about the medical though , went through the CIC website and got even more confused. We will have to do our medical as well right before we submit our application? They have given a list of hospitals in each city (We are in India) to get it done from.

So do we just contact the hospital and show them the letter and schedule a medical? Also, how long does it normally take, is there a waiting period for the appointment?

All help will be appreciated! Thanks!

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Yeah just call and book an appointment, they only asked for our passport. Once you do it they'll give you a paper. After you finish filling your PR application you'll get redirected to a document upload page. You scan and upload the paper they give you. some people have complained getting appointments later than they should, we had ours booked within a week so it depends on where you live.

JamesYoyo

Star Member
Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For express entry, applicants should do the upfront medical check right after they receive ITA. You just need to bring your passport to the clinic and tell them it's for express entry. After the exam, you will have to upload the receipt of the medical check you will get from the clinic.

Make sure the medical check is not expiring in less than 6 months at the time you submit your EE application. Not the case for you since you are required to take it and submit in 90 days after ITA.

Good luck.

nokia3315

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Call right now & try to get appointment between 12th June to 25th June.(just my preference as you will have 26th June to 2nd July to calmly submit ITA) Or else you choose any date of your choice.

You get IPS (which you need to upload) on the same day of appointment.The medical is over same day of appointment (unless you have medical issues & doctor asks for more tests)

What to remember for appointment
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/few-doubts-before-i-book-upfront-medical-t483265.0.html

For costs
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/upfront-medical-cost-in-india-april-2017-t487613.15.html

What happens in medicals
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/what-actually-happens-in-upfront-medicals-t488508.0.html;msg5976318#msg5976318

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
huckingfell said:
My wife and I got our ITA on 5th April, and so have till 5th July to submit our application.

Most documents are in order already- work ex letters, police certificates from India and UAE, and proof of funds.

A bit confused about the medical though , went through the CIC website and got even more confused. We will have to do our medical as well right before we submit our application? They have given a list of hospitals in each city (We are in India) to get it done from.

So do we just contact the hospital and show them the letter and schedule a medical? Also, how long does it normally take, is there a waiting period for the appointment?

All help will be appreciated! Thanks!
All the above info is correct. But I'd like to add one or two more things.

Don't forget to take with you previous medical reports of major conditions, prescription drugs (if you take it on a regular basis, e.g. hypertension, diabetes, etc.). You must declare this if you are taking medicines.

Get your medicals done at the last, after all the docs are ready, and you are finally all-set to submit the profile. The reason is, the expiry of visa will be one year of the medicals date or the expiry date of the passport, whichever comes earlier. So, having medicals done at the last will buy you maximum time for your visa.

Mostly you'll get your appointment within a day or two. All you need to do is just to call the hospital and taking an appointment for EE, Canada medicals. They know everything about this. So, you don't need to do anything, except bringing the required docs.
All the tests for medicals take around 3 - 4 hours max.

These tests are done.

- Blood examination: Routine blood count, HIV, Hepatitis, Syphilis
- Urine examination: Sugar, protein, microscopic
- Physician examination: Complete body check up including any scar of surgery or else, hernia, etc.
- Chest X-ray:
- Height-weight
- Vision test (reading those typical alphabets from a distance)

All the tests above are mandatory.

Also Chest X-ray is mandatory, only exception to this is a pregnant woman. Although she can get it done wearing a protective lead-apron.

Hope it helps.

huckingfell

Star Member
Apr 5, 2017
Thanks everyone!

As mentioned in the OP, we have finished all our other formalities, so I guess I will get in touch and get the medicals done ASAP too so we can go ahead and submit our application.

Was just a bit confused cos on the CIC website there was a mention of them writing to you telling you when you had to get the medical done. Maybe I read wrong

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
huckingfell said:
Thanks everyone!

As mentioned in the OP, we have finished all our other formalities, so I guess I will get in touch and get the medicals done ASAP too so we can go ahead and submit our application.

Was just a bit confused cos on the CIC website there was a mention of them writing to you telling you when you had to get the medical done. Maybe I read wrong
It was previously when they instructed applicants to get their medicals done. But, now in EE, you have to do it upfront. So, go for it now and submit it.