+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hours per week in express entry profile is different than the hours in employment letter

Mar 28, 2023
Hello all,
I have received invitation for permeant residency. I have worked in india for 4 and half years. While making the express entry profile I have entered hours per week which is 38. But, when I applied for my employment verification letter they write it down 38 hrs and 20 min. I have received invitation under CEC category.

Does it cause issue? Should i have to decline my invitation? please guide me.

ShuBhaMAhuJA

Star Member
Jan 6, 2023
Hello all,
I have received invitation for permeant residency. I have worked in india for 4 and half years. While making the express entry profile I have entered hours per week which is 38. But, when I applied for my employment verification letter they write it down 38 hrs and 20 min. I have received invitation under CEC category.

Does it cause issue? Should i have to decline my invitation? please guide me.
It doesn’t matter as Under CEC they only count 30hrs a week maximum you can exceed the limit as much as you want

Mar 28, 2023
Thank you for your response.
I have another question. In India I was working as a a supervisor instructor in Industrial Training Institute for government of Gujarat. I was a government employee. In my personals history what should I have to choose? Do I have to just mention employment for that duration or I have to select government in activity type.

Mar 28, 2023
It doesn’t matter as Under CEC they only count 30hrs a week maximum you can exceed the limit as much as you want
Thank you for your response.
I have another question. In India I was working as a a supervisor instructor in Industrial Training Institute for government of Gujarat. I was a government employee. In my personals history what should I have to choose? Do I have to just mention employment for that duration or I have to select government in activity type.