+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Host's Bank account

DJD20

Nov 17, 2016
Hi,

I am applying for a Tourist Visa for a two-week vacation to Toronto. I have about 5,500 Canadian dollars to show in my bank account. I will be staying in my sister's residence and they will be providing my living and travel expenses within Canada as per Invitation Letter.

My question is, my sister can only provide a Customer Account confirmation of her TD Bank account. It shows in the document that she has an account in the bank but does not show the amount in her account.

Would this be okay as a supporting document from my host?

Thank you!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

Your sister's financial investments/bank statements/NOA, etc are secondary for your TRV application. It is not mandatory for her to provide any of these documents.

As a TRV applicant, you must prove that you can afford your visit (including airfare, expenses, etc) without being financially dependent on your sister/anyone else

Cheers

DJD20

Nov 17, 2016
Thank you Bryanna!

Would a 5,500 Canadian dollar funds be sufficient for a two-week vacation?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
The best way is to work out a day-by-day itinerary for sightseeing/meeting family and friends.... with expense estimates.... and prove you can pay for this itinerary + airfare + incidental expenses.

If you will not be staying with your sister then your available funds must pay for hotel expenses too.

If you have credit cards (low dues), you can include 2-3 recent statements + mention you will bring these cards when you visit (apart from your liquid finances)