+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hope she won't be denied visa

Femz

Jan 29, 2022
Good day. I'm new here. My wife got a supervisor and a fully sponsored programme at University of Lethbridge. We are expecting her admission letter this February because she is to resume by September. We have not started the traveling process because she has not received the letter. I want to ask, does she need proof of fund? Secondly, I'm planning to join her in the trip together with my daughter. The main reason I'm seeking advice is she is pregnant and the EDD is in September. Hope she won't be denied visa?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Good day. I'm new here. My wife got a supervisor and a fully sponsored programme at University of Lethbridge. We are expecting her admission letter this February because she is to resume by September. We have not started the traveling process because she has not received the letter. I want to ask, does she need proof of fund? Secondly, I'm planning to join her in the trip together with my daughter. The main reason I'm seeking advice is she is pregnant and the EDD is in September. Hope she won't be denied visa?
I'm not sure what you mean by "started the travelling process".

Yes, you'll need to show proof of funds since you and your daughter are planning to accompany your wife.

Has your wife already completed a medical? The medical includes an x-ray which generally isn't recommended for those who are pregnant.

It seems a bit confusing that your wife plans to start the program in September if that's when she's due. Have you thought about postponing the start of her program to a later date?

Femz

Jan 29, 2022
I'm not sure what you mean by "started the travelling process".

Yes, you'll need to show proof of funds since you and your daughter are planning to accompany your wife.

Has your wife already completed a medical? The medical includes an x-ray which generally isn't recommended for those who are pregnant.

It seems a bit confusing that your wife plans to start the program in September if that's when she's due. Have you thought about postponing the start of her program to a later date?
Thanks for the quick response. What I meant by not started the traveling process is this. Due to the fact that she has not received her admission letter, we have not applied for the visa. No medicals yet. So she can't resume September unless she defers her admission? How can she defer and what are the implications?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for the quick response. What I meant by not started the traveling process is this. Due to the fact that she has not received her admission letter, we have not applied for the visa. No medicals yet. So she can't resume September unless she defers her admission? How can she defer and what are the implications?
So you haven't applied for the study permit yet for your wife or the visas for you and your daughter to travel. This makes sense. Your wife needs to have the admission letter before she can apply for the study permit.

I don't understand what you mean by "So she can't resume September unless she defers her admission?".

In terms of defering her admission, she would need to speak with her school to find out if this is possible.

Femz

Jan 29, 2022
So you haven't applied for the study permit yet for your wife or the visas for you and your daughter to travel. This makes sense. Your wife needs to have the admission letter before she can apply for the study permit.

I don't understand what you mean by "So she can't resume September unless she defers her admission?".

In terms of defering her admission, she would need to speak with her school to find out if this is possible.
We haven't applied.
From your earlier response, you said have we thought of postponing her admission based on her pregnancy which is the main reason I posted on this forum.
My fear is hope she won't be rejected at the VO based on the fact that she is a prospective student and she is to resume September.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
We haven't applied.
From your earlier response, you said have we thought of postponing her admission based on her pregnancy which is the main reason I posted on this forum.
My fear is hope she won't be rejected at the VO based on the fact that she is a prospective student and she is to resume September.
She will need to be prepared to take an x-ray to complete the medical. She she prepared to do that?

In my opinion you will want to include a letter of explanation with the application to explain how she is going to manage starting her studies in September while also being due to give birth at this time. Is the school willing to be flexible to accommodate some absences during this time? I would get a letter from them confirming this if possible. You need to let IRCC know how you plan to manage all of this.

Femz

Jan 29, 2022
She will need to be prepared to take an x-ray to complete the medical. She she prepared to do that?

In my opinion you will want to include a letter of explanation with the application to explain how she is going to manage starting her studies in September while also being due to give birth at this time. Is the school willing to be flexible to accommodate some absences during this time? I would get a letter from them confirming this if possible. You need to let IRCC know how you plan to manage all of this.
Thanks for this. Can she inform her supervisor in earnest?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If the school will be flexible to accommodate some absences during the period through her supervisor.
I have no idea. This is a conversation your wife would need to have with her supervisor and/or the school.