+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong VO - Why some applications so fast and others so slow

Jun 20, 2013
Hey guys, Hong Kong VO has had our spousal application since November 5, 2013. I understand the estimated processing times are just estimates - currently 7 months, but we are nearing 11 months. Have ordered notes, and there really nothing there.

I emailed and got back another generic email saying our application is "pending review", whatever that is supposed to mean (it still says application received in ecas), and that we will contacted in "due course". I feel like due course has passed, considering many who applied in Jan, Feb, March and even April 2014 have in process, passport requests or decision made.

We have a 5 1/2 year relationship, several trips, tons of proof sent and no red flags. My wife is from the Philippines working legally in Macau for 8 years.

Are files not processed in order? I'm not understanding how ours is not being touched while others more recent are nearly complete.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

Apps are not processed in order. Though there may be other reasons for why your app is taking longer, the obvious ones that I can see is that your wife isn't from Hong Kong and isn't visa-exempt. It's easier and faster for the Hong Kong VO to obtain information within Hong Kong than from other countries. And visa-exempt apps tend to go through faster than non visa-exempt.

Your previous post indicates that you didn't actually send the app until at least around the end of October. Note that the 7 month count started when the app was actually received by Hong Kong, which is usually a few weeks after sponsor approval, not when you initially sent it to Mississauga. If you are past the 7 month mark, you can ask your MP to inquire on your behalf.