+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong Police Certificate

xingzouderizi

Apr 3, 2018
Hi everyone,

This is for my EE application. My police certificate was mailed out from Hong Kong Police Department on March 8th by registered air mail. Apparently it cannot be tracked by canada post. Called IRCC today and they did not receive it, but my status in background changed to "Your application is in progress. We will contact you when we start your background check." Does this mean they are checking my security background?

Has anyone applied for Hong Kong police certificate? How long will it take to be mailed to Canada? Also will I get a message when they receive it? And what can I do if it's not received or passed the due date?

Thanks.

adrhe1989

May 27, 2017
Mine is mailed on Mar 22, called CICC and they said sometimes even it is received it is not necessarily put on file so the agent cannot see that.
If you don't get more request message for the document you can assume there is nothing goes wrong.

xingzouderizi

Apr 3, 2018
Thanks for your reply! I emailed their office and confirmed it was received.
Mine is mailed on Mar 22, called CICC and they said sometimes even it is received it is not necessarily put on file so the agent cannot see that.
If you don't get more request message for the document you can assume there is nothing goes wrong.

Reactions: adrhe1989