+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Homecare pathway

Jun 19, 2024
Hello everyone , please I am seeking advice on a particular situation and would greatly appreciate your insights. I have a family member who shares the same surname as me, and there is an opportunity for me to work as a care worker for his children. I possess relevant experience in this field and am considering this new career pathway. However, I am curious about any potential legal or ethical considerations that might arise from this familial connection. Could anyone provide guidance on whether it is possible for a family member to offer me such a job? Thank you in advance everyone..

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone , please I am seeking advice on a particular situation and would greatly appreciate your insights. I have a family member who shares the same surname as me, and there is an opportunity for me to work as a care worker for his children. I possess relevant experience in this field and am considering this new career pathway. However, I am curious about any potential legal or ethical considerations that might arise from this familial connection. Could anyone provide guidance on whether it is possible for a family member to offer me such a job? Thank you in advance everyone..
Someone just asked the exact question with different profile. Answer is yes. Quota is met for this year and processing is about 3 years. Family member applications are more heavily scrutinized. How is your family member making out now and will for the next 4 years?

Jun 19, 2024
thank you for the response but can you explain what you meant by " How is your family member making out now and will for the next 4 years?.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
thank you for the response but can you explain what you meant by " How is your family member making out now and will for the next 4 years?.
Well processing is about 3 years from when you apply, so how are they managing now for childcare. During the process, most likely IRCC will ask for an update on why they need full time care and what type of care children have during the process. How old are children now?

Jun 19, 2024
oh I get it now but I am looking towards the new caregivers to be given permanent resident status on arrival.. they are aged 3 and 2..

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
oh I get it now but I am looking towards the new caregivers to be given permanent resident status on arrival.. they are aged 3 and 2..
Right but processing of the PR application will most likely still be 3 years. Your family will have to find child care over the next few years. Also they will be in school by then so why will they need a full time caregiver? That is a question IRCC may ask.