+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HNC ground for parents

Rabia wasti

Sep 18, 2024
Hi it’s Rabia I have question regarding HNC ground for parents . We r 3 siblings 1 in Middle East and we r 2 here and we r Canadian citizen . My parents are alone in back home they don’t have any family support back home and no one there to take care of them and have valid visit visa also came to Canada before 4 times . Is there any chance if we can apply for them through HnC ground ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi it’s Rabia I have question regarding HNC ground for parents . We r 3 siblings 1 in Middle East and we r 2 here and we r Canadian citizen . My parents are alone in back home they don’t have any family support back home and no one there to take care of them and have valid visit visa also came to Canada before 4 times . Is there any chance if we can apply for them through HnC ground ?
You can but chances are low. You have many siblings so why Canada. How long have they been in Canada and what community/social involvement do they have to show ties to Canada? Do they volunteer/have social circles in Canada to show ties? Expect it to take years to process and given good chance of refusal then it will be difficult for them to return.

Government expects you to sponsor them through PGP program and unfortunately many people are taking the H&C route without being eligible. Bogs downs system and they will wait years in Canada without healthcare, social services etc.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You can certainly try. I would say your case is not on the strong side and it's hard for any of us to say if you will be approved or refused.

Your case would be much stronger if all siblings were living in Canada and there was no sibling living in a country other than Canada. The fact your parents have been traveling in and out of Canada also seems to show they are independent and able to travel and able to live independently.

Having said that, you can certainly try applying. You should keep the following in mind... The processing will likely take 2 years, your parents should not leave Canada at all during this time, they will have no health care coverage while they wait, and if they are refused, they may have trouble returning to Canada as visitors in the future.

Reactions: YVR123

Rabia wasti

Sep 18, 2024
They came to Canada on super visa in 2017 first then in 2019 then 2022 now coming in march 2024 on visit visa which is still valid. The thing is why we r calling them here because they are alone there no support they are also old and one brother who is in Middle East can’t afford them because he is also jobless there that’s why we want them here . They don’t have any social activities and didn’t do any volunteer work so in that case they can apply ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
They came to Canada on super visa in 2017 first then in 2019 then 2022 now coming in march 2024 on visit visa which is still valid. The thing is why we r calling them here because they are alone there no support they are also old and one brother who is in Middle East can’t afford them because he is also jobless there that’s why we want them here . They don’t have any social activities and didn’t do any volunteer work so in that case they can apply ?
So how long have they been in Canada as you say March 2024? Read the requirements for H&C before applying. H&C is about their established relationships and connections that they have made in Canada, and how they cannot return to home country. Once they apply then they cannot leave Canada with processing at least 2 years.

Why is a supervisa not enough for them?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I agree that it's not strong H&C but as other said you can try but be aware that they will have a hard time to get TRV (or supervisa) approved if they failed the H&C application.

Your brother outside could take care of them with financial support from the other siblings. (there is no barrier to send money outside if that's the "hardship")