+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hiring a Live-in Caregiver: Application process re: Advertisements and others

aya017

Dec 23, 2009
Hi there,

My family and I are in the process of hiring of live-in caregiver. I just had a few questions about the process, and I'm hoping some of you might have an answer or an idea.

When hiring a live-in caregiver, what is the level of education required? We were deliberating between secondary school diploma or a vocational school diploma/certificate. We were thinking a vocational school diploma would be more appropriate because we want someone who is certified to be a caregiver.

Also, we were wondering about the advertisements. In the HRSDC site it lists that we should post on the National Job Bank and any other additional source. However, in the CIC site, it didn't really state anything about it being necessary to advertise on the National Job Bank. We also asked our friends who have hired a foreign caregiver, and they only advertised on the local newspaper. But on the site, the Recruitment report does include the National Job Bank Ad but I'm not sure if it's necessary...

I'm wondering what you guys have done, or suggest that we do. Thank you very much and happy holidays!

NB: I would've posted the links to the documents and information I was referring to, but I am not allowed to post links unfortunately.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
aya017 said:
Hi there,

My family and I are in the process of hiring of live-in caregiver. I just had a few questions about the process, and I'm hoping some of you might have an answer or an idea.

When hiring a live-in caregiver, what is the level of education required? We were deliberating between secondary school diploma or a vocational school diploma/certificate. We were thinking a vocational school diploma would be more appropriate because we want someone who is certified to be a caregiver.

Also, we were wondering about the advertisements. In the HRSDC site it lists that we should post on the National Job Bank and any other additional source. However, in the CIC site, it didn't really state anything about it being necessary to advertise on the National Job Bank. We also asked our friends who have hired a foreign caregiver, and they only advertised on the local newspaper. But on the site, the Recruitment report does include the National Job Bank Ad but I'm not sure if it's necessary...

I'm wondering what you guys have done, or suggest that we do. Thank you very much and happy holidays!

NB: I would've posted the links to the documents and information I was referring to, but I am not allowed to post links unfortunately.
http://www.rhdcc-hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/lcpdir/lcpdir-4.shtml

Education should be equivalent of Canadian Secondary School Graduate.