+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hi Qorax, need ur help on this...

M

Mr Mak

Hi Qorax,

I filed my FSW1-NOC#1122 application on 1st July 2011. The application was received on 6th July 2011. I believe its currently undergoing Completness/Eligibility check.

I am claiming 70 points on my application with 5 points of adaptability as my Paternal Uncle is canadian citizen. i have provided his passport copy(as proof of status) & Telephone bill/Bank Statement copy(as proof of residency). However i was unable to provide the document(i.e birth certificate of my uncle & father) to prove Proof of Relationship. The document is not available, since birth registration was not there in 1960's in india & were only introduced after 1970's. The new checklist on cic website explicitly mentions to provide birth certificate of applicant father & uncle to trace their parents.

I did not provide this explanation while submitting the application. I just happen to know from CIC new checklist that an explanation is required if applicant is unable to provide certain required document.

Though i have already mailed(FSW‑Sydney‑Search‑Enquiry@cic.gc.ca) them my circumstances, please can anyone suggest better approach ?

Without this 5 adaptability point my score will end up on 65 & hence rejection .

Pls help

asyousuf

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2011
Provide marriage certificate, educational certificates where name of their father is appearing. Do send explanation letter along with these documents

asyousuf

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Mr Mak said:
Hi Qorax,

I filed my FSW1-NOC#1122 application on 1st July 2011. The application was received on 6th July 2011. I believe its currently undergoing Completness/Eligibility check.

I am claiming 70 points on my application with 5 points of adaptability as my Paternal Uncle is canadian citizen. i have provided his passport copy(as proof of status) & Telephone bill/Bank Statement copy(as proof of residency). However i was unable to provide the document(i.e birth certificate of my uncle & father) to prove Proof of Relationship. The document is not available, since birth registration was not there in 1960's in india & were only introduced after 1970's. The new checklist on cic website explicitly mentions to provide birth certificate of applicant father & uncle to trace their parents.

I did not provide this explanation while submitting the application. I just happen to know from CIC new checklist that an explanation is required if applicant is unable to provide certain required document.

Though i have already mailed(FSW‑Sydney‑Search‑Enquiry @ cic.gc.ca) them my circumstances, please can anyone suggest better approach ?

Without this 5 adaptability point my score will end up on 65 & hence rejection .

Pls help
CIC will not assign points for relationship in Canada without proof of their relationship to you. The documents you have provided only prove that the person is a Canadian, how are CIC supposed to know that this person is related to you?

I think they are very strict about this. If the birth certificate is not available did you provide ANY documentation at all to show that this person is related to you?

If you did not, then my belief is that CIC will not assign any adaptability points for a relation in Canada, and if you need these points to score over 67, then you should prepare yourself for the fact that your application might fail.

Regrettably CIC are not very good at tying up additional documents until the application reaches the visa office stage, so it will be very difficult to try to send documents to them now. But also once their decision is made they will not accept additional documents anyway. From their point of view you should have included adequate proof of relation with your application.

I think your 2 choices are 1) Wait it out or 2) Prepare a new application.

If your NOC is 1122 then it is unlikely you will have time to prepare a new application including getting new IELTS results and make it within the cap, since 1122 is expected to fill up very quickly.

So I think all you can do now is wait. If you are lucky CIO might ask you for additional documents.

Wayne.

M

Mr Mak

i can provide the school leaving certificate. should i scan & mail them on FSW‑Sydney‑Search‑Enquiry@cic.gc.ca or it has to be couried?

M

Mr Mak

Thanks Wayne.

i also think sending followup additional doc wont help at this stage. better to wait.

zub2612

Jul 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Probably never.
I haven't send the birth certificate, but haven't claimed any relative in Canada... I was born in 1972 in a remote village in Pakistan and there is no record of my birth and have no birth certificate.. until to date I have been using my secondary school certificate as proof of my date of birth..

Please advise will my application will be returned? I have submitted copy of the passport, marriage certificate, ID card.. My points as per my calculations are 72.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
zub2612 said:
I haven't send the birth certificate, but haven't claimed any relative in Canada... I was born in 1972 in a remote village in Pakistan and there is no record of my birth and have no birth certificate.. until to date I have been using my secondary school certificate as proof of my date of birth..

Please advise will my application will be returned? I have submitted copy of the passport, marriage certificate, ID card.. My points as per my calculations are 72.
Originally when the new system came out in June 2010, CIO were failing all applicants who did not provide a birth certificate.

Then after a short while (particular since in India many applicants were unable to get a birth certificate) they said that equivalent proof of birth date which suffice - such as 10th grade certificate etc.

However, for people claiming points for relative in Canada, they will require SOME proof. If a birth certificate proving the relationship is not included, then IMO they will fail the application unless some other proof is included.

For applicants not having to prove a relationship in Canada, then a birth certificate may not be necessary and equivalent proof of birth should be accepted.

Wayne.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
Mr Mak said:
Thanks Wayne.

i also think sending followup additional doc wont help at this stage. better to wait.
Well you can try. It is kind of "no lose" at this stage since the worst that can happen if you send additional documents is they won't be able to match them up, so you certainly won't be worse off.

If, by some miracle, they can match up the additional documents to your application BEFORE the visa officer performs the eligibility review, then this may allow you to get the adaptability points.

The problem is you have no file number yet, so the only thing you can do is send all the information with your full name, date of birth, address, NOC etc - and hope for the best. I think you have nothing to lose by sending the additional information, even though it may not do any good it's worth a shot.

But if you are going to send it, act quickly. CIO certainly will not consider any additional documentation or information AFTER they have made their decision.

Wayne.

zub2612

Jul 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Probably never.
Thank you very much for your kind response. God may bless you!!

sethi104

Mar 11, 2009
india
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2010
Doc's Request.
29-12-2010
AOR Received.
1st 10-03-2011, 2nd 06/04/2011
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
04-04-2011
Med's Request
03-10-2011
Med's Done....
08-10-2011
Interview........
God Knows
Passport Req..
03-10-2011 SENT ON 10-10-2011 RPRF Encashed 27th Oct. DM oN 6TH Nov.
VISA ISSUED...
03/11/2011
LANDED..........
You can provide ur uncle previous passport when he migrate to Canada , if dont have go to local Passport office and demand a attested photocpy of old passport where your grandfather name was there and ur father ssport copy as well....

Mr Mak said:
Hi Qorax,

Though i have already mailed(FSW‑Sydney‑Search‑Enquiry @ cic.gc.ca) them my circumstances, please can anyone suggest better approach ?

Pls help

M

Mr Mak

Wayne

i have provided the passport copy of my uncle in which his full name is written(my grandfather name included). And i have provided my passport copies in which my father's full name including my grandfather name is mentioned.

Dont you think this is enough to prove their father are same & hence my relationship with my uncle ?

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
Cappuccino has advised you well.

When you are unable to provide the required documents (as per requirement/checklist), you are solely at the mercy of the Person deciding your case.

The only thing to do in such situations (when there is lack of a certain document), that you should provide as much detail as you can, add a cover letter explaining everything clearly, and leave it rest to luck.

asyousuf

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2011
zub2612 said:

gud enough. Do not worry and go ahead
asyousuf

sterileinjection

Jul 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/08/2011
AOR Received.
11/11/2011
IELTS Request
sent
File Transfer...
16/01/2012
Med's Request
24/01/2012
Med's Done....
13/02/2012
Interview........
blank
Passport Req..
05/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
09/04/2012
LANDED..........
31/5/2012
hi every 1!!!
i already posted on pharmacist3131 thread but didnt get any response.i have 1 confusion.m pharmacist residing in dubai.i applied for canadian immigration but my application was returned because of some deficiencies.now my application is ready.jus 1 thing f some1 can clarify,i did b.pharmacy from pakistan and i have my university transcript and also did bsc.now my confusion is wether to make bsc transcript from my college or just send notarized copy of marksheet and degree???will it be acceptable??? :(
plzzz i need yr suggestions...

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Mr Mak said:
Hi Qorax,

Though i have already mailed(FSW‑Sydney‑Search‑Enquiry@cic.gc.ca) them my circumstances, please can anyone suggest better approach ?

Pls help

Wayne has suggested/opined very aptly/conclusively. U'd sure have a tough time convincing the CIO about your adaptability claims. Purely 'coz, CIO goes by the book... and their job is to 'screen-out' the max... they wouldn't deliberate, as the VO's would/might.

Mr Mak said:
Wayne

i have provided the passport copy of my uncle in which his full name is written(my grandfather name included). And i have provided my passport copies in which my father's full name including my grandfather name is mentioned.

Dont you think this is enough to prove their father are same & hence my relationship with my uncle ?
Besides, the problem is with "convincing documentation". The pps don't do that well. There could be two pax with the same parental names, while the parents could entirely be different ppl. However, with a B/Cert. that lacunae is somewhat taken care-of. They carry other details which prove common antecedents... which is why CIC "wants" that doc.

Nonetheless, many don't have the B/Certs. as well... so what do they do? One affective step is to draw-out a 'complete hierarchical plan' - with enough supporting docs & family pictures, depicting both brothers, their other siblings, relatives [including maternal], friends etc. in common events. And writing an explanatory note attached to it.

Yes, it's a tough job -- but, ppl having difficulty in providing the requisite docs & also in dire-need of those 5 points - do go that way - all the way! So could u.

But, not@the CIO stage for sure... adding addnl docs - subsequent to the application - has a minuscule chance of conjoining all under one file -- the CIO is just not cut for this behemoth task.

But hey, fate & destiny cannot be questioned, can they? Our prayers have some immense power -- keep your fingers Xed... who knows an IO@CIO might just overlook the lacunae! Then, if u do get the PER -- do not condone the requirement -- and send that explanation as a safety net.

All the very best!
Qorax