Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
The point of this post is that we should try not to despair (I'm not certain if this has been posted before). The invitations to apply that have already been issued are just the tip of the iceberg. It appears that CIC is taking in a small trickle of applicants before they really amp things up.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2014-11-06.asp

sarmadnadeem

Jan 25, 2015
YamPower said:
The point of this post is that we should try not to despair (I'm not certain if this has been posted before). The invitations to apply that have already been issued are just the tip of the iceberg. It appears that CIC is taking in a small trickle of applicants before they really amp things up.

CRS is a point based system and as per my knowledge people with Canadian experience have more points. What about the caps of CEC ?. If this cap gets filled then are they going to sacrifice quota of FSW/FSTP to give them ITAs ? Cause FSW/FSTP candidate will have lesser points due to lack of Canadian experience.
If that is the case then i fear outsiders may have a very little chance !

hariskhan

Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
On CRS, Canadian work experience counts for at most 70-80 points. Is spouse also working in Canada then add 10 points. Perhaps some points addition in skill transferability as well. Its a 100 odd point difference, at most.

Foreign skilled people, if they can get job offer or PNP or LMIA, they'll be mostly the same as those who have Canada work experience. Both have a fair chance to compete.

Most foreign skilled people have scores in 300-400 range. Most people with Canada work experience are in the 400-500 range because of the difference of the above mentioned 100 or so points. That's not much.

The million dollar question mark is LMIA. It will get answered with time. Engaging in "idle speculation" has not helped us. Either Canada fills in jobs with Canadians, or they HAVE to issue LMIAs, in order for their businesses to keep operating. If they remain in between, Canadian businesses will suffer. Perhaps suffer a lot. The game is on. Let's wait and see how it plays out.

One last thing, the FSW program under EE is "still" "employer driven". Meaning if Canadian businesses "have" requirement, Canadian Govt WILL issue LMIAs. Official statistics of past year or more prove this point. We need to focus on job market in Canada, to note (see) where they have requirement.

sarmadnadeem

Jan 25, 2015
hariskhan said:
On CRS, Canadian work experience counts for at most 70-80 points. Is spouse also working in Canada then add 10 points. Perhaps some points addition in skill transferability as well. Its a 100 odd point difference, at most.

Foreign skilled people, if they can get job offer or PNP or LMIA, they'll be mostly the same as those who have Canada work experience. Both have a fair chance to compete.

Most foreign skilled people have scores in 300-400 range. Most people with Canada work experience are in the 400-500 range because of the difference of the above mentioned 100 or so points. That's not much.

The million dollar question mark is LMIA. It will get answered with time. Engaging in "idle speculation" has not helped us. Either Canada fills in jobs with Canadians, or they HAVE to issue LMIAs, in order for their businesses to keep operating. If they remain in between, Canadian businesses will suffer. Perhaps suffer a lot. The game is on. Let's wait and see how it plays out.

One last thing, the FSW program under EE is "still" "employer driven". Meaning if Canadian businesses "have" requirement, Canadian Govt WILL issue LMIAs. Official statistics of past year or more prove this point. We need to focus on job market in Canada, to note (see) where they have requirement.
People with Canadian Experience!! are they going to be picked under CEC category or will they be picked for FSW as well. The caps are in my mind.
What if the CAP for CEC (21000) is filled. Will such person (having high points) would get picked as FSW ?

jassu2

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks buddy.. quality info.. wish more ppl put facts on the forums rather than illogical assumptions..

hariskhan

Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
People under CEC category will preferably be picked under CEC category.

CEC and FSW have slightly different criteria. People applying for CEC can also apply for FSW. But they'll have to meet its criteria, as per CIC.

Singalingali

Jan 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dan_and said:
Agree with the sentiment, however not all of those categories are being administered via the express entry method.

The spots available to express entry applicants are:

FSW 47k - 51k
CEC 21k - 23k
PNP 46k- 48k (some of those at least)

Total 114-122k (plus an applicable share in the family category).

The vast majority of people outside Canada are probably competing for 47-51k spots in the FSW programs (which also includes skilled trades).

There is also the possibility for the 2014 backlog to be counted against the 2015 targets. I'm not sure about this though and don't have any furthers information. Does anyone know more?
spot on. The overwhelming majority of people outside Canada have to struggle for 47-51k spots and those include FSWP and skilled trades. CEC and PNP are really going to have a filled day. It is quite unfair to hardworking prospective immigrants who are not yet resident in Canada. It is impossible for this category of people with their highest possible scores to be issued ITAs judging by the apparent demeanour of those responsible for issuing ITAs.

john1818

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YamPower said:

Keep in mind there are still applications under process from last two years that includes FSW and CEC. Majority of them would be FSW. Logically the about mentioned numbers include the one's that are in process and the new one's under the new Express Entry.

hariskhan

Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I read somewhere that people who have job offers are not affected by the CIC's immigration limits for 2015 under FSW/FST, CEC, Caregiver, etc etc immigration streams.

But then, CIC imposed requirement for getting LMIA.

I'm waiting for my ECA report. I'm not sure if I should apply for jobs in Canada right or wait untill my ECA report arrives somewhere in April/May 2015.

Olrdude

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
john1818 said:
Keep in mind there are still applications under process from last two years that includes FSW and CEC. Majority of them would be FSW. Logically the about mentioned numbers include the one's that are in process and the new one's under the new Express Entry.
There were caps before Express Entry...

For example CEC 2014 applicants after the cap has been reached had their applications returned. Those are not being processed under 2015 caps.

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
Singalingali said:
spot on. The overwhelming majority of people outside Canada have to struggle for 47-51k spots and those include FSWP and skilled trades. CEC and PNP are really going to have a filled day. It is quite unfair to hardworking prospective immigrants who are not yet resident in Canada. It is impossible for this category of people with their highest possible scores to be issued ITAs judging by the apparent demeanour of those responsible for issuing ITAs.
I think we should just wait and see. I'm one of those people (outside Canada) and with 465 points I'm fairly optimistic that I'll get ITA at some point.

Knowing how many people are in the pool would be of great help and it's something CIC said we'd know but it seems that they've changed their mind.

john1818

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Olrdude said:
There were caps before Express Entry...

For example CEC 2014 applicants after the cap has been reached had their applications returned. Those are not being processed under 2015 caps.
It doesn't say anything about caps.

"November 6, 2014 – In 2015, Canada will welcome between 260,000 and 285,000 new permanent residents. The 2015 Immigration levels plan supports the government’s economic growth strategy by addressing labour and skills shortages, reuniting families sooner and reducing backlogs. The economic immigration category will account for the largest segment of the 2015 levels plan, at almost 65 percent of overall admissions. The remaining 35 percent will consist of family class immigrants, refugees and others admitted under humanitarian programs."

They have not mentioned anything about caps. One can interpret anything from this and what I interpret is that Canada will give PR to upto 285,000 new immigrants in the year 2015. So, possibility is that the applications under process could be considered under this number. If you have know about anything else other than this. Kindly update us too. Thanks