+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Here as visitor, now have LMO, can i go to border to get work permit.

linducis

Sep 10, 2012
long story short - i was in canada on work permit. then changed to visitor. now I have positive LMO with new employer. to do things faster I am going to fly from Edmonton to LA, spend there few days and then return to canada. has somebody have the experience with situation like this..? thanks, linda

sheralyn

Oct 29, 2012
hi there.. actually we're on the same boat.. I had my work permit before, then extended my stay as a visitor and back to work permit again... what you can do is , send your application for work permit outside canada (Los Angeles or New York ) . you can see the how's and what's at cic website.. ( application of WP outside canada).. you can see how long the processing time is.. after submitting the application , in a month or two you'll be receiving an approval letter allowing you to work in Canada.. that is just a piece of paper.. that is what you'll bring together with passport at the border nearest @ your place, that's Montana..no need to have a us visa coz you're just doing a flagpole exit..the US immigration officer will just directing you to their building to sign some documents that stating you're just doing a flagpole exit... then you'll back to canada border office and apply for work permit .. :)

abbet

May 20, 2012
sheralyn said:
hi there.. actually we're on the same boat.. I had my work permit before, then extended my stay as a visitor and back to work permit again... what you can do is , send your application for work permit outside canada (Los Angeles or New York ) . you can see the how's and what's at cic website.. ( application of WP outside canada).. you can see how long the processing time is.. after submitting the application , in a month or two you'll be receiving an approval letter allowing you to work in Canada.. that is just a piece of paper.. that is what you'll bring together with passport at the border nearest @ your place, that's Montana..no need to have a us visa coz you're just doing a flagpole exit..the US immigration officer will just directing you to their building to sign some documents that stating you're just doing a flagpole exit... then you'll back to canada border office and apply for work permit .. :)
hello. just wanted to ask if I can do the same? I m just waiting for the LMO as caregiver. Can i do the same? Thansk for your reply

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
This used to be possible, but now only certain countries can use the New York or LA office.

Temporary work permits for Bermuda, St. Pierre et Miquelon, United States (including Puerto Rico), and Virgin Islands (US)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/new-york.asp