+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

help

Herbert sakep

Sep 5, 2024
In 2020 I applied for a visitor visa for Canada to attend a conference. After doing the biometrics I never received a response to this request. Can I apply for a work visa today?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What can explain that until today I have never had a follow-up to the first request please?
What is the first request? TRV? If you never received any response for TRV, you should have followed up with IRCC years ago. You applied during Covid. If you want to visit Canada now then reapply.

Herbert sakep

Sep 5, 2024
it was a visitor visa, therefore a temporary residence visa. the problem here is that currently I can no longer connect to my account on ircc to see the status of my application. I would simply like to make a new application. is this possible?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
it was a visitor visa, therefore a temporary residence visa. the problem here is that currently I can no longer connect to my account on ircc to see the status of my application. I would simply like to make a new application. is this possible?
Yes. Set up a new account. Why do you want to visit Canada? You need to show funds, ties to return, travel history and valid reasons to travel.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am coming to Canada for work because I have a job offer there.
So you apply with your approved LMIA with job offer from your Canadian employer and closed work permit. What is the NOC on your LMIA? You don’t apply for a visitor visa. A visitor visa lets you visit not work. You need to apply for a closed work permit.

Last edited: