+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP

adibrixton

Mar 20, 2022
Hello,
What program will be suitable to a 27 year old Security guard who's from and living in The Gambia and want to work in Canada.?
please help.?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,
What program will be suitable to a 27 year old Security guard who's from and living in The Gambia and want to work in Canada.?
please help.?
So you want to immigrate. I believe your NOC is a NOC C and not eligible unless a supervisor. Do you have other skilled work experience. If yes, research Express Entry to see if you are eligible. You need your degrees/diplomas assessed, language tests, and work experience.

adibrixton

Mar 20, 2022
what did NOC stand for.? am a security guard in the aviation security for 6years now, i didn't have a degree as i am with a high school certificate..

thanks for your responds

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
what did NOC stand for.? am a security guard in the aviation security for 6years now, i didn't have a degree as i am with a high school certificate..

thanks for your responds
NOC is a 4 digit code that you match your job duties to the NOC duties. In Canada, a security guard is a NOC C job and not eligible for Express Entry. If you don't have post-secondary education, you also will not be eligible for Express Entry. To have a score to be invited, you need a Masters or two or more degrees, strong language skills etc.

So you have few options as You will not be able to go through the Express Entry program. Research provincial nomination programs but you most likely need a job offer.

How the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) works - Canada.ca

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
thank you for your responds sir.. will see if i can be eligible for a work
You need to find a Canadian employer who will give you a job offer. Then the employer files a LMIA, pays $1,000 and shows that they couldn't hire any Canadians or PRs, only you. Then you wait. Once you have a LMIA, you apply for a closed work permit. The process is long and few employers go through the process. All the best.