+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help

lemo14

Feb 11, 2015
Hi guys , I have aparticular situation . I want to be sponsored but by the time I get my marriage certificate my post graduate work permit will be expired. Whag can I do to still have a valid status before I sent the application. I called cic they told me to try for a tourist visa . Im wondering if it will be extended past the pgwo to give me time to send the sponsorship application. Also can I apply outland even though I live in canada ? Thanks.

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. you can apply for outland while you stay in Canada.

2. if you apply for tourist visa (change of status or TRV) before your PGWP is expired, then you can stay in Canada as implied status, but cannot work or study. (maintain legal status in Canada is important for your pr app.)

3. while you wait for your visitor visa, you would have enough time to send your pr app.

4. if you prepared all docs and did medical for PR app and waiting for your marriage cert, you can send your PR app now and send marriage certificate later.

if you attached a proof that you applied for outland/inland PR with your visitor visa app, it might be helpful.

Good luck