+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help

Bettyline

Aug 27, 2009
I am a nigerian and i wish to visit canada with my husband and kids for just 2weeks, i have all the necessary documents except invitation. I have no relation in canada to request for that and i decided to ma ke the request from the forum. I have 1month leave and wish to spend 2week of it in canada.
I shall always rmain grateful to whoever that will assist me in this and i shall foot the bills besides me and my family will not be a borden to him/ her as regards to accommodation, finance or anything we need a letter of invitation to submit along with our applications and documents just to convince the visa official that we have someone hosting us.
Thank you as it touches your heart do help. May God bess you.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Letter of invitation is not necessary. People can be approved for a visa without this letter.

davek1979

Sep 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2012
Doc's Request.
16-10-2012
AOR Received.
16-10-2012
Med's Request
16-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-10-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
15-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
A letter of invitation is not required but would be used for inviting family and friends. If you are going to be touring around Canada you could show proof of payment with a touring company in Canada

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bettyline said:
I am a nigerian and i wish to visit canada with my husband and kids for just 2weeks, i have all the necessary documents except invitation. I have no relation in canada to request for that and i decided to ma ke the request from the forum. I have 1month leave and wish to spend 2week of it in canada.
I shall always rmain grateful to whoever that will assist me in this and i shall foot the bills besides me and my family will not be a borden to him/ her as regards to accommodation, finance or anything we need a letter of invitation to submit along with our applications and documents just to convince the visa official that we have someone hosting us.
Thank you as it touches your heart do help. May God bess you.
Visitor visas have a subjective pre-requisite that you are a bonafide tourist that will leave Canada after your visit. Some countries are high risk for overstayers/ refugee claims and their nationals are scrutinized intensely with high rates of visa refusals - Nigeria is one such country. Expect the visa officer to ask why you chose Canada for your vacation.

You need to have a plan of where you are going and what activities you are doing. Canada is huge so choose a region and focus on this e.g. Toronto and adjacent areas such as Niagra. You must have solid ties to compel you to return home. If you have not travelled then its usually a negative - visa officers want to see a travel history to other similar developed countries and returns home.

You need a solid job and good finances - tourism is all about spending cash so your financial situation must reflect the outlay of the trip. This means e.g. if you earn CDN 4K a month, have CDN 2K in savings but your trip is costing 12K the visa officer will question your real motives of the trip.

Asking for strangers to invite you is a bad move and is meaningless...the visa officer may call your so called 'host' and ask various questions leading to refusals over misrepresentation. As per previous advice get a tour package or book/pay for hotels on line using appropriate payment mechanisms e.g. visa/ mastercard.