+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help!! Work Visa and Outland Spousal Sponsorship

Jenny_1995

Dec 20, 2022
Hi,

I live in canada and I am a Canadian Citizen. I am getting married next month to my fiancée who stays in USA (on work visa). My fiancée's US work visa is expiring next year so, his company is transferring him to Canada and sponsoring him for work visa for Canada.

Meanwhile, next year start I am also planning to sponsor him for Permanent Residency. My question is :

1) I will be applying for his Outland spousal sponsorship application in February, and his Company will be applying for his Canadian Work visa in April - Is this okay? Can we apply for Work visa if we already have a outland PR application submitted ? (I am aware that to apply for Open Work permit I need to submit inland application, but in my case the company is sponsoring for visa - so I don't need a Open Work permit. I only need to know if it is okay that Company applies for Work visa while my PR application is being processed) ?

2) Does applying for Work permit after applying for Outland Spousal Sponsorship PR affect any application?

3) Is it okay to do Upfront medical exam for Spousal sponsorship ?

Thank you very very much !!