+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help with the employement refeence letter for express entry

jcdt94

Mar 22, 2021
I have already written a letter to send to a previous employer for him to provide me with the reference letter for the position Draftsman (NOC 2253). I already checked the duties specified for such NOC code and I wrote the following :

- Utilized computer-assisted design (CAD) on the daily basis via the software SolidWorks.
-Developed initial engineering drawings and 3d models (via CAD) .
-Verified the drawings created to assure that the part to be manufactured complies with the requirements.
-Prepared specifications and guidelines to assure a good manufacture process.
-Produced drawings and documentation packages.

In the NOC Code webpage, the following duties are mentioned :

-Develop and prepare engineering designs and drawings from preliminary concepts, sketches, engineering calculations, specification sheets and other data
-Operate computer-assisted design (CAD) and drafting workstations
-Develop and prepare design sketches
-Complete documentation packages and produce drawing sets
-Check and verify design drawings to conform to specifications and design data
-Write technical reports
-Prepare contracts and tender documents
-Prepare construction specifications, costs and material estimates
-Supervise and train other technologists, technicians and drafters.

I don't know if the duties I wrote are consistent with the ones mentioned on the NOC code, and if my duties are enough for my letter or if maybe I should add 1 or 2 more duties, but I really don't want to include duties that are mentioned in the NOC code but that i didn't really perform, especially because my employer most likely would refuse to give me the letter if I include duties I didn't perform.

I would like other people opinion about my the duties I wrote and any further comments or recommendations are welcomed.

Thanks in advance.