+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help with My Son’s Visa Rejection

faisalkhan921

Aug 31, 2020
I’m currently on a work permit in Canada, and my wife has an open work permit. However, my wife is still in our home country. We applied for a visa for our 1-year-old son, but it was rejected because they weren’t convinced he would leave Canada after his stay.

Initially, when I applied for my wife’s visa, I included my son’s details. However, they told us to apply for a visitor record for him instead.

Has anyone else faced a similar issue, or does anyone have advice on what we should do next?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Order GCMS notes. A visitor record is to extend a stay in Canada, so you would not have applied for it. What did you apply for…TRV/visitor visa? What did you show that you have a job? When does your permit expire? Did you apply all at the same time? If not, spouse’s permit may have been approved because child was not accompanying? What did you show that you will return?

faisalkhan921

Aug 31, 2020
I applied for visitor visa, showing that I have job, other documents include pay stubs, bank statement and employment letter. My permit expires on Oct 2025. Initially when I apply for my spouse open work permit, my wife was pregnant at that time. Later they added a section asking for birth certificate and other documents which I provided with my spouse profile but only my wife got work-permit and nothing on my son. Upon calling IRCC they said I have to apply for visitor visa for my son, which was later rejected.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I applied for visitor visa, showing that I have job, other documents include pay stubs, bank statement and employment letter. My permit expires on Oct 2025. Initially when I apply for my spouse open work permit, my wife was pregnant at that time. Later they added a section asking for birth certificate and other documents which I provided with my spouse profile but only my wife got work-permit and nothing on my son. Upon calling IRCC they said I have to apply for visitor visa for my son, which was later rejected.
So order GCMS notes to get an idea on how to address refusal. Where does your child live? What did you show in the file - work permits, funds etc. Your child does need a visitor visa. You may need to show plan to return to home country since your permit expires in 2025.