+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help with applying for an OWP (inland spousal sponsorship)

usperson1

Oct 29, 2023
I just received my AOR and I'm looking to apply for the OWP, but I'm getting stuck on the last bit of the instructions here. They talking about what I should upload in the sport for IMM 5707. The problem is I don't have a spot for that in my document checklist. I'm not sure what to do.

usperson1

Oct 29, 2023
My document checklist is as follows:

# Application Form(s)
- IMM 5710

# Supporting documents
- Passport
- Digital photo

# Optional documents
- IMM 5275
- Client Information

It says nothing about IMM 5707, yet the instructions linked in my first post mention it explicitly.

"In the Family Information form (IMM 5707) part of the document checklist, upload..."

Maybe I didn't navigate to the proper document checklist. In that cas I guess I need help with what answers to put into the questionnaire.

thanhtam23

Nov 27, 2023
The IMM5707 is the family information form. That's form required for people who are applying for a work permit (or study permit or TRV) from outside Canada (hence why it's not showing up on your online application when you're trying to apply for an open work permit from inside Canada).
Work permit applications from inside Canada only require the IMM5710 form + the required supporting documents, not the IMM5707.