+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help with application/Previous engineering work/current technical analyst

Mkamran123

May 17, 2019
Hello All,

I had a bit of trouble filling out my application with regards to my previous (primary occupation job back home) and current job in Canada.

My primary occupation job (for Federal Skilled worker) is as follows:

The Job that I will be basing my profile on is "technically" called District Sales Representative (chemical sales), however, the large part of it was:
Providing support to the client,
Making sure that the chemicals are applied at the correct time,
Performing chemical analysis in the laboratory,
Participating in meetings regarding different projects including maintenance,
Making procedural changes to improve the day to day performance,
Keep track of injected chemicals,
Writing Technical documents about incidents, their investigation and development of mitigation/prevention solutions,
Progressing internal projects to improve business and production with the client.

We were doing pretty much the same thing as client (Our equivalents were Production Chemists), however, our job was also bleeding into engineering departments.

I should mention this was happening in the chemical plant where I was stationed.

I'm not sure if it would fall under chemical engineering or a chemist.

My current job in Canada (less than 1 year) is as follows:

In the internal portal it states as Software development Engineer and my official title in the advertised job is Technical Analyst, while description fits to "User support technician" as I provide support to our clients, review their codes and models (this part fits the Software development Engineer), provide them articles/documentation to their issue and work together with development team (sometimes).

I'm not sure if my primary occupation should fall under chemical engineering (my country is not as regulated as Canada in that sense) or chemist or Petroleum engineering

I'm not sure if my current job should fall under "User support technician" or "software design engineer".

All jobs start with 2 in the NOC job list, I'm not sure if it matters too much about the title accuracy.

Appreciate the help.