+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help: which one is better University or College?

YP

Star Member
Oct 27, 2014
Which one is better University or college,by overall means including part time jobs,fee structure, education? Need help guys...

2015intkae conestoga

Star Member
Sep 19, 2014
No doubt university is better than college but this is only valid if u enough financial support eg: university fee of year is 20lakh to 25 lakh whereas college fee is between 6 lakh to 10 lakh
So a huge difference

Further if u want to do masters then university is the only best possible answer bt if u want to go for diploma or pg diploma then go for colleges

Jobs- it All depends on your knowledge and hard work
For getting job u have to give unterviews so it all depends on you
Option are equal

nadialeigh

Nov 3, 2014
College and university are both good, but in very different ways. What exactly are you majoring in right now and what did you plan on taking in college? There is actually a huge difference in what employers think about certain university and college programs.

For example if you want to have a job in the mental health field, you really have no other choice than to attend university and have a major such as Psychology, Social work or Child & Youth studies. If you're in Business, it is actually not that bad to go to college. I know many Business college programs offer paid co-op and I think having that is very valuable because:

1) you are making money while in school
2) you are gaining job experience (which is SO important to have)
3) you are expanding your network of people you know

But when you look at it, there are MANY university programs that offer co-op as well.

ayuche

Nov 1, 2014
nadialeigh said:
College and university are both good, but in very different ways. What exactly are you majoring in right now and what did you plan on taking in college? There is actually a huge difference in what employers think about certain university and college programs.

For example if you want to have a job in the mental health field, you really have no other choice than to attend university and have a major such as Psychology, Social work or Child & Youth studies. If you're in Business, it is actually not that bad to go to college. I know many Business college programs offer paid co-op and I think having that is very valuable because:

1) you are making money while in school
2) you are gaining job experience (which is SO important to have)
3) you are expanding your network of people you know

But when you look at it, there are MANY university programs that offer co-op as well.

Hi Nadialeigh

Can you suggest some colleges for Business related PGDM which offer co-op and are good?

harpreet1990singh

Star Member
Nov 2, 2014
i am plan to admission in Selkirk Collage. PG Diploma in Business is 4475 dollar per sem and it has paid internship also. the cost of living is also low. i got connect with two students on Selkirk facebook and got information that total expense for food and stay is less than 400 dollar. i have write to collage and waiting answer for my emails.

Ryan1981

Jul 27, 2014
The visa chances are always high in a university thanot a college. The visa success rate at the Canadian High Commission New Delhi is 90.2% compared to 63% under SPP category. Under General or Non SPP category the visa success raye is lower than 50%.

So, as long as you can find admission in a public university, you may keep it as your first option.

Hope this will help :)

rosykaur

Star Member
Nov 3, 2014
Hi Ayuche, If you have budget, better to a go for university. I may plan Capilano University in Vancouver for Post Graduate Diploma in Business. The fee is $ 26000 for 4 semesters which is almost equal to fee of many colleges.

ayuche

Nov 1, 2014
rosykaur said:
Hi Ayuche, If you have budget, better to a go for university. I may plan Capilano University in Vancouver for Post Graduate Diploma in Business. The fee is $ 26000 for 4 semesters which is almost equal to fee of many colleges.
Hi Rosy, I can go till $40-50 I guess. So which Universities do you suggest for an MBA with a 590 GMAT which has a good employment track record?

rosykaur

Star Member
Nov 3, 2014
this Capilano University fee is just $ 26000 for two semesters.so it is in budget only. you look at other univs also. and if you find good option do let me know.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
harpreet1990singh said:
If university is better why more student going to collage than university? Pl answer if any one know.
Easy answer.

Typically people attend college because their marks aren't good enough to attend a university or because they don't have enough money to attend university. This would certainly true for any business courses. A university undergraduate business degree is going to get you much farther (better jobs, higher salaries) than a college business diploma. And an MBA is going to get you far more opportunities (again - better jobs, higher salaries) that a post graduate diploma in business.

There are times when courses are only offered by colleges and not by universities (and in that case attending college is the only option). Examples of such a course would be animation.

sanjubaba786

Star Member
Nov 4, 2014
University should be the first option as long as you are able to get into it. The visa success rate is very high in University category compared to spa/general categories.