+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help - Unsure About the Qualification of My Job Duties

sygu3133

Jan 18, 2019
Hi everyone!

Really appreciate you guys are willing to answer my concern.

So when I am planning for the express entry recently, I can't make sure whether my job duties are qualified for 6211 - retail sales supervisor. The situation is I work as a key holder in a retail apparel store, and I do have several supervisory duties aside from performing the same function as a sales associate. The duties my manager plan to write on my reference letter are as follow.
· Direct sales to customers using the company’s selling system.
· Leading the store while working with other sales associates and in absence of store leadership.
· Respond and resolve customer inquiries while working the shift and escalate them to the store manager if required.
· Ensure the full compliance of team members working the shift with Icebreaker policies and procedures.
· Work with new team members to get them more skilled in product knowledge, policies, and selling systems. All by utilizing the outlined policies, one on one coaching, and his experience and product knowledge.
· Performing daily store opening and closing procedure based on scheduled shifts. Including financial deposits, cash registers reconciliation, and completion of daily operational tasks including store opening and closing.
· Addressing returns and warranty issues.

Now my question is are these duties enough for me to identify myself as a retail sales supervisor (6211), which does include the key holder. Or is there anything my manager and I have to change or add on the letter to make me qualified. Also, I will put the duties of retail sales supervisors below, according to NOC.
· Supervise and co-ordinate sales staff and cashiers
· Assign sales workers to duties and prepare work schedules
· Authorize payments and the return of merchandise
· Resolve issues that may arise, including customer requests, complaints and supply shortages
· Maintain specified inventory and order merchandise
· Prepare reports regarding sales volumes, merchandising and personnel matters
· Hire and train or arrange for the training of new sales staff and monitor and report on performance
· Ensure the visual standards and image of the store are maintained, such as store displays, signage, and cleanliness
· May perform the same duties as workers supervised
· May perform key holding and managerial duties if required, such as opening and closing the store, managing escalated complaints, developing and implementing marketing strategies, and signing for deliveries.

Many thanks!!!

thementor

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Hi everyone!

Really appreciate you guys are willing to answer my concern.

So when I am planning for the express entry recently, I can't make sure whether my job duties are qualified for 6211 - retail sales supervisor. The situation is I work as a key holder in a retail apparel store, and I do have several supervisory duties aside from performing the same function as a sales associate. The duties my manager plan to write on my reference letter are as follow.
· Direct sales to customers using the company’s selling system.
· Leading the store while working with other sales associates and in absence of store leadership.
· Respond and resolve customer inquiries while working the shift and escalate them to the store manager if required.
· Ensure the full compliance of team members working the shift with Icebreaker policies and procedures.
· Work with new team members to get them more skilled in product knowledge, policies, and selling systems. All by utilizing the outlined policies, one on one coaching, and his experience and product knowledge.
· Performing daily store opening and closing procedure based on scheduled shifts. Including financial deposits, cash registers reconciliation, and completion of daily operational tasks including store opening and closing.
· Addressing returns and warranty issues.

Now my question is are these duties enough for me to identify myself as a retail sales supervisor (6211), which does include the key holder. Or is there anything my manager and I have to change or add on the letter to make me qualified. Also, I will put the duties of retail sales supervisors below, according to NOC.
· Supervise and co-ordinate sales staff and cashiers
· Assign sales workers to duties and prepare work schedules
· Authorize payments and the return of merchandise
· Resolve issues that may arise, including customer requests, complaints and supply shortages
· Maintain specified inventory and order merchandise
· Prepare reports regarding sales volumes, merchandising and personnel matters
· Hire and train or arrange for the training of new sales staff and monitor and report on performance
· Ensure the visual standards and image of the store are maintained, such as store displays, signage, and cleanliness
· May perform the same duties as workers supervised
· May perform key holding and managerial duties if required, such as opening and closing the store, managing escalated complaints, developing and implementing marketing strategies, and signing for deliveries.

Many thanks!!!
Dear @sygu3133,
What is the status of your PR application? Have you received it already and have you used the same job duties as mentioned above? Could you please post the duties that you finally submitted as per your Letter of Reference?

Thanks a lot