+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help Understanding my Record of Employment

chris_j11

Dec 31, 2014
my cousin just got laid off from her work recently and she needs to understand some of the # and date in her ROE paper she received from work
* she started work around Oct - 2017
* maternity leave for 1yr and 6months from Feb-2020
* working 40hrs a week from her first day and after she returned from maternity leave up to the time she got laid off

please help to explain/simplify the following for us:
* why her first day work is 2021 instead of 2017
* * she read this section from the ROE websire:
"The date you enter in Block 10 is not necessarily the day the employee was hired, unless the employee worked on that day. The first day worked must be a day when the employee worked and received insurable earnings."
* * When she applied for her EI , she just enter what was in the ROE paper - does she needs to correct this with the EI office?

* what is section 15C (assuming the total from sections 15A & B) - is she getting any of this money?
* * If the Employer made a mistake on her first day date - does the whole section 15 need to change?
* Section 17 - is this her vacation pay?

* What is pay in lieu of notice? - how is this calculated? - is this her severance pay?

chris_j11

Dec 31, 2014
She emailed her boss about the work start date:
"Start of work/ first day worked: I started to work October-2017 But instead it shows here Aug-,2021?
- As you took maternity leave with ROE issued at that time, current ROE is issued with your latest start date of the work after your maternity leave. "