+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help! Tr to PR IG Stream- 1 Year of Education

yasw

Aug 22, 2019
Hi everyone,
I applied for the TR to PR IG stream, May 2021. I've completed a 12 months (1 year) certificate here in Canada. At the time of application, there was a HUGE confusion on whether one-year programs are eligible or not and to be totally honest I had no idea about this confusion and debate that was going on until I was done with my application, my medical and got my PCC done. I started hearing that one-year studies graduates weren't eligible for this program. I was like "okay, whatever..I'll continue working in my NOC B job and apply for EE when I get the number of hours done." and totally forgot about my TR to PR application.
In early April 2022, I got AOR and ADR (PCC & PR fees- paid the processing but not the right for PR one at the time of application). Linked my account & application, and submitted the required ADR, a few days the documents were reviewed, my medical changed from approved to not required.

Looooong silence....got a "Procedural Fairness" letter yesterday from the officer saying that my education doesn't meet the TR to PR IG stream requirement and that I have 30 days to submit any additional documents or "If you choose not to respond with additional information I will make my decision based on the information before me, which may result in refusal of your application."

Now I am open to withdrawing my application or letting the officer refuse it if he/she had to. However, I was thinking of writing an explanation letter, explaining the situation and maybe showing that my current status changed ( I am eligible for CEC).

Has anyone gone through a similar situation? How did you handle it? And did it work out in the end or I should just withdraw my application?
Any thoughts will be appreciated.