+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help to reply after refusal with GCMS Notes

Vycanis

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
Hello,

My SDS visa application was refused on April 8th 2021. I applied on 3rd August 2020 with a complete application. I've just received GCMS notes kindly help me how should I reply to this.

My profile
age 31
Already holding a BSc in accounting with a low GPA around 2.2 or 2.3 (Explained in SOP reason for low GPA)
The program is College DIploma (Business Accounting from Humber). (Explained in SOP why this diploma why not Masters (admission was refused) or PGD)
Provided Salary slips, a letter from the employer that I can join back upon completion of my program, Tax returns, and property documents on my name.

GCMS Notes.
After examining the applicant's family, financial, and professional ties, I'm not satisfied that those related to their country of residence are sufficient to compel their return at the end of the period authorized for their stay in Canada as required by R179(b).

The applicant provides a detailed account of their personal, academic, and professional history. They appear to be taking a degree they already hold. They acknowledge a master's program would be more beneficial, but they have been refused. They also discount other Canadian college courses because they would only repeat the education the applicant already has — without, however, properly articulating why this proposed degree would be different.

After considering the applicant's academic and professional history, their financial situation, as well as their planned studies and explanation provided for it, I am not satisfied that the applicant is a genuine student who will pursue studies in Canada. The stated benefits of their intended studies do not seem to warrant the cost and difficulty of undertaking foreign education. I am therefore not satisfied that the applicant will enrol in a DLI and pursue their studies as required by R220.1(1) or leave Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay as required by R 216(1)(b).

Weighing the factors in this application. I am not satisfied that the applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay.

For the reasons above, I have refused this application.

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
VO has got the impression that you are interested to do Masters but you ended up taking PG Diploma because you couldn't get through. You should have ideally focused on why you have chosen this course and how it helps you in future.

Secondly, what did you show as finances ? You have salary slips, tax, etc. But how much liquid funds have you shown, how much fees have you paid ?

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hello,

My SDS visa application was refused on April 8th 2021. I applied on 3rd August 2020 with a complete application. I've just received GCMS notes kindly help me how should I reply to this.

My profile
age 31
Already holding a BSc in accounting with a low GPA around 2.2 or 2.3 (Explained in SOP reason for low GPA)
The program is College DIploma (Business Accounting from Humber). (Explained in SOP why this diploma why not Masters (admission was refused) or PGD)
Provided Salary slips, a letter from the employer that I can join back upon completion of my program, Tax returns, and property documents on my name.

GCMS Notes.
After examining the applicant's family, financial, and professional ties, I'm not satisfied that those related to their country of residence are sufficient to compel their return at the end of the period authorized for their stay in Canada as required by R179(b).

The applicant provides a detailed account of their personal, academic, and professional history. They appear to be taking a degree they already hold. They acknowledge a master's program would be more beneficial, but they have been refused. They also discount other Canadian college courses because they would only repeat the education the applicant already has — without, however, properly articulating why this proposed degree would be different.

After considering the applicant's academic and professional history, their financial situation, as well as their planned studies and explanation provided for it, I am not satisfied that the applicant is a genuine student who will pursue studies in Canada. The stated benefits of their intended studies do not seem to warrant the cost and difficulty of undertaking foreign education. I am therefore not satisfied that the applicant will enrol in a DLI and pursue their studies as required by R220.1(1) or leave Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay as required by R 216(1)(b).

Weighing the factors in this application. I am not satisfied that the applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay.

Hello Vycanis,

Going by the officer's concerns, you shot yourself in the head by mentioning your reasons for not been able to enroll in a Master (or PGD) program was because you were refused admission.

Secondly, as a mature student, how you should demonstrate your economic situation and economic level of establishment has a role to play in the officer's concerns about your financial (or employment situation/status and home ties.

As an SDS applicant, I believe you would have met the eligibility requirements before applying through the stream, if yes, work on your home ties from a socio-economic justification viewpoint and if possible, change your study to something more related to your experience domain preferably(or to your previous study).

If you think you can be able to respond to the officer's concerns without changing your study, then it will help you a lot of you can well improve on your letters. The SOP can redress your study interest by given it a much clearer expansionary reason and the LOE can be used to tackle the officer's concerns. Follow/Reach out to GCMSWriters on Instagram, Twitter, and/or Telegram if you need professional writing assistance with your SOP/LOE.

If you can give a clearer insight on your application timeline and maybe the documents submitted too, people may be able to respond adequately well in advising you.

Best of Luck

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Seems like you shot yourself in the foot in your SOP. Are you currently working in accounting? How many years of employment history do you have? If you already have an accounting job based on your degree, why do you need a lesser college diploma?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hello Vycanis,

Going by the officer's concerns, you shot yourself in the head by mentioning your reasons for not been able to enroll in a Master (or PGD) program was because you were refused admission.

Secondly, as a mature student, how you should demonstrate your economic situation and economic level of establishment has a role to play in the officer's concerns about your financial (or employment situation/status and home ties.

As an SDS applicant, I believe you would have met the eligibility requirements before applying through the stream, if yes, work on your home ties from a socio-economic justification viewpoint and if possible, change your study to something more related to your experience domain preferably(or to your previous study).

If you think you can be able to respond to the officer's concerns without changing your study, then it will help you a lot of you can well improve on your letters. The SOP can redress your study interest by given it a much clearer expansionary reason and the LOE can be used to tackle the officer's concerns. Follow/Reach out to GCMSWriters on Instagram, Twitter, and/or Telegram if you need professional writing assistance with your SOP/LOE.

If you can give a clearer insight on your application timeline and maybe the documents submitted too, people may be able to respond adequately well in advising you.

Best of Luck
Hahahaha, you took the words right out of my mouths (or fingers in this case) :).

Reactions: Vycanis

Vycanis

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
VO has got the impression that you are interested to do Masters but you ended up taking PG Diploma because you couldn't get through. You should have ideally focused on why you have chosen this course and how it helps you in future.

Secondly, what did you show as finances ? You have salary slips, tax, etc. But how much liquid funds have you shown, how much fees have you paid ?
Thank you for replying Shahid..

For finances, as its SDS, I showed 10k GIC and paid full one year fee.

and for Diploma, I have written below in SOP. Please note its not PGD its college diploma program.

Why Diploma in Business Accounting?
A Diploma in Business Accounting is well-rounded. The main attraction for me is training in industry standard
software, including Profile (personal tax), Access, Excel, Quickbooks, SAGE 50 Accounting, and
SAGE Accpac Plus. Since Quickbooks, SAGE 50, and Excel are widely used in Pakistan, it will increase my
chances of employability in the Accounting and Auditing industry. Most of the firms demand knowledge
of accounting software from potential candidates. Likewise, training in accounting software will improve
my auditing skills. As an auditor, we are exposed to different accounting software, and knowledge of
accounting software comes handy in extracting desired reports from the client's system. Moreover, after
completing the Diploma, I can sit for the Quickbook ProAdvicer Qualification exam, which will reinforce
my job profile.

Diploma in Business Accounting also comprises the core accounting subjects like Financial Accounting,
Cost Accounting, Business Law, and Taxation. These courses will update and improve my current
knowledge and give me the chance to get lectures delivered from a teacher because previously, I selfstudied
these subjects. Nonetheless, the Diploma also includes new courses for me such as, Economics,
Business Statistics, and Mathematics of Finance, which will help to comprehend the business environment
and equip me with data presenting and analyzing skills.

Likewise, Workplace Writing Skills, which will help me to expand my interpersonal skills and hence
increase my employability, Human Resource Administration, this course will assist me to understand the
HR policies and procedures which will eventually help me to plan and execute audit, and Canadian Society
and Culture as an elective, this subject will be exciting for me as I will be new in Canada and learning about
Canadian cultural, ethnic, linguistic and religious diversity at the same time experiencing them would be
a great experience.

The Diploma also comes with a Business Placement program in the final semester, where I can get a
chance to apply new skills and knowledge in practice. Similarly, this work experience will strengthen my
professional profile as I will be adding another international job experience in my resume. Furthermore,
the Diploma also meets the Certified Bookkeeper's academic requirements, which opens another
internationally recognized qualification option for me.

As I already have BSc, I should have gone for a Master's degree or at least for a Post Graduation Diploma.
However, getting admission to a Master's degree is not straightforward for me due to low grades in BSc.
Additionally, my applications for Master of Accounting (MAcc) were denied at the initial stages from
Carleton and Brock University because I did not meet their admission criteria. Similarly, for the same
reasons, I was not accepted for MBA programs at LUMS and IBA University in Pakistan. The reason for the
low grades in BSc is pretty much self-explanatory. Not only was I self-studying BSc but also taking classes
for BSc (Pass) and managing the farm simultaneously.

In contrast, I achieved 77.8% in 12th grade and also did well in BSc (Pass), where I secured 70% in final
exams only because I was taking regular classes. However, I was self-studying for BSc in Applied
Accounting as there were no classes available my city. As a result, my BSc grades were compromised.

For Post Graduation Diploma, I was looking at Humber and Seneca colleges' Professional Accounting
Practice program. However, the course line was 95% similar to BSc in applied accounting, and there was
no new course for me. Although like Diploma in Business Accounting, Professional Accounting Practice
would have improved my core accounting subjects skills and understanding, I am mainly looking for a two
years program which makes me eligible for a Master's degree as most of the universities in Pakistan
require good grades in the last two years of the recent qualification. Furthermore, I did find two years
PGD programs in accounting offered by Camosun and Selkirk colleges, but again the course line was the
same as BSc, and there was very little to learn.

Moreover, no institute in Pakistan provides such a program where I can get accounting software training,
International work placement opportunities, and a chance to improve my grades and pave a road for a
future Master's program. However, there are private institutes in Pakistan that provide online three
months training for Quickbooks, but that does not lead to a diploma.

Vycanis

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
Seems like you shot yourself in the foot in your SOP. Are you currently working in accounting? How many years of employment history do you have? If you already have an accounting job based on your degree, why do you need a lesser college diploma?
Hello,
Yes, I'm currently working as an accountant. I've four years of experience almost 3 as an audit executive in an accountancy firm and the rest as an accountant. I tried for Master programs but seems difficult at this moment due to grades. Comparing PGD and College diploma i found College diploma offers more particle aspect thn PGD. :)

Vycanis

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
Hello Vycanis,

Best of Luck
Hello,

Thank you for a detailed answer. My intention is to complete Master after completing this course with better grades I've also mentioned the same in SOP. And yes it was SDS application and I paid 10K GIC and a full year tuition fee. My course is in line with my previous study and profession. I'm clueless at this moment what should I do. :)

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Thank you for replying Shahid..

For finances, as its SDS, I showed 10k GIC and paid full one year fee.

and for Diploma, I have written below in SOP. Please note its not PGD its college diploma program.

Why Diploma in Business Accounting?
A Diploma in Business Accounting is well-rounded. The main attraction for me is training in industry standard
software, including Profile (personal tax), Access, Excel, Quickbooks, SAGE 50 Accounting, and
SAGE Accpac Plus. Since Quickbooks, SAGE 50, and Excel are widely used in Pakistan, it will increase my
chances of employability in the Accounting and Auditing industry. Most of the firms demand knowledge
of accounting software from potential candidates. Likewise, training in accounting software will improve
my auditing skills. As an auditor, we are exposed to different accounting software, and knowledge of
accounting software comes handy in extracting desired reports from the client's system. Moreover, after
completing the Diploma, I can sit for the Quickbook ProAdvicer Qualification exam, which will reinforce
my job profile.

Diploma in Business Accounting also comprises the core accounting subjects like Financial Accounting,
Cost Accounting, Business Law, and Taxation. These courses will update and improve my current
knowledge and give me the chance to get lectures delivered from a teacher because previously, I selfstudied
these subjects. Nonetheless, the Diploma also includes new courses for me such as, Economics,
Business Statistics, and Mathematics of Finance, which will help to comprehend the business environment
and equip me with data presenting and analyzing skills.

Likewise, Workplace Writing Skills, which will help me to expand my interpersonal skills and hence
increase my employability, Human Resource Administration, this course will assist me to understand the
HR policies and procedures which will eventually help me to plan and execute audit, and Canadian Society
and Culture as an elective, this subject will be exciting for me as I will be new in Canada and learning about
Canadian cultural, ethnic, linguistic and religious diversity at the same time experiencing them would be
a great experience.

The Diploma also comes with a Business Placement program in the final semester, where I can get a
chance to apply new skills and knowledge in practice. Similarly, this work experience will strengthen my
professional profile as I will be adding another international job experience in my resume. Furthermore,
the Diploma also meets the Certified Bookkeeper's academic requirements, which opens another
internationally recognized qualification option for me.

As I already have BSc, I should have gone for a Master's degree or at least for a Post Graduation Diploma.
However, getting admission to a Master's degree is not straightforward for me due to low grades in BSc.
Additionally, my applications for Master of Accounting (MAcc) were denied at the initial stages from
Carleton and Brock University because I did not meet their admission criteria. Similarly, for the same
reasons, I was not accepted for MBA programs at LUMS and IBA University in Pakistan. The reason for the
low grades in BSc is pretty much self-explanatory. Not only was I self-studying BSc but also taking classes
for BSc (Pass) and managing the farm simultaneously.

In contrast, I achieved 77.8% in 12th grade and also did well in BSc (Pass), where I secured 70% in final
exams only because I was taking regular classes. However, I was self-studying for BSc in Applied
Accounting as there were no classes available my city. As a result, my BSc grades were compromised.

For Post Graduation Diploma, I was looking at Humber and Seneca colleges' Professional Accounting
Practice program. However, the course line was 95% similar to BSc in applied accounting, and there was
no new course for me. Although like Diploma in Business Accounting, Professional Accounting Practice
would have improved my core accounting subjects skills and understanding, I am mainly looking for a two
years program which makes me eligible for a Master's degree as most of the universities in Pakistan
require good grades in the last two years of the recent qualification. Furthermore, I did find two years
PGD programs in accounting offered by Camosun and Selkirk colleges, but again the course line was the
same as BSc, and there was very little to learn.

Moreover, no institute in Pakistan provides such a program where I can get accounting software training,
International work placement opportunities, and a chance to improve my grades and pave a road for a
future Master's program. However, there are private institutes in Pakistan that provide online three
months training for Quickbooks, but that does not lead to a diploma.
Couple of things. I do understand you want to be honest and upfront about your situation but it does not work that way and you set yourself for rejection on the first go. You also made direct mentions about your low grades, not being able to get into Masters which is again a big NO. This shows that you would taking a course which is not your first choice and there is a high chance you will not complete it and hence their conclusion.

Besides, your SOP is not structured at all. Sorry but it seems very boring. You went on about your course throughout. Considering you applied from PAK your VO must have been Abu Dhabi. They have a checklist you can follow and below are the questions they want you to answer in 1 page
Link: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5814E.pdf

Why do you wish to study in Canada in the program for which you have been accepted? 2. What is your overall educational goal? 3. Why are you not pursuing a similar program in your country of residence or of citizenship? 4. What research have you done into studies in your country of residence or of citizenship? 5. How will this program enhance your employment opportunities in your country of residence or of citizenship? 6. What ties do you have to your country of residence or of citizenship? 7. In the case of a minor applicant, what are your reasons for studying in Canada? What is your parents’ or guardians’ immigration status in their current country of residence? 8. Provide details of your education history – dates when the course started and ended, the name and address of the school, the course taken, qualification, degree or certificate awarded for the course

I am not sure how you can fix this now but try to get yourself enrolled for Masters somehow. There are many universities that are lineant and don't require very high grades or seek professional help. All the best !

Reactions: sqfit

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello,

My profile
age 31

GCMS Notes.

Your SOP and your profile was reason for your rejection. You simply played Russian rouelette

Vycanis

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
[/QUOTE]
Couple of things. I do understand you want to be honest and upfront about your situation but it does not work that way and you set yourself for rejection on the first go. You also made direct mentions about your low grades, not being able to get into Masters which is again a big NO. This shows that you would taking a course which is not your first choice and there is a high chance you will not complete it and hence their conclusion.

Besides, your SOP is not structured at all. Sorry but it seems very boring. You went on about your course throughout. Considering you applied from PAK your VO must have been Abu Dhabi. They have a checklist you can follow and below are the questions they want you to answer in 1 page
Link: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5814E.pdf

Why do you wish to study in Canada in the program for which you have been accepted? 2. What is your overall educational goal? 3. Why are you not pursuing a similar program in your country of residence or of citizenship? 4. What research have you done into studies in your country of residence or of citizenship? 5. How will this program enhance your employment opportunities in your country of residence or of citizenship? 6. What ties do you have to your country of residence or of citizenship? 7. In the case of a minor applicant, what are your reasons for studying in Canada? What is your parents’ or guardians’ immigration status in their current country of residence? 8. Provide details of your education history – dates when the course started and ended, the name and address of the school, the course taken, qualification, degree or certificate awarded for the course

I am not sure how you can fix this now but try to get yourself enrolled for Masters somehow. There are many universities that are lineant and don't require very high grades or seek professional help. All the best !
Thank you much. I'll look into it. Thanks again brother.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
thank you for replying. can correct it now? pls guide me if possible. Thanks
Correct it by getting into a Masters Program either in your home country or in Canada and then improve your SOP. The letter submitted will always be on file so you said you should take a masters, so get accepted to a masters program.