+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP! Saudi Police Clearance Request - July '14 AOR

sl2ubc

Nov 26, 2013
Hello All, I'm a Sri Lankan national that has lived in Canada since 2006. From 2006 to 2010 I was a student. From 2010 onwards I have had worker status. Prior to 2006, I lived in Saudi Arabia with my family since I was a child.

I submitted my application for residency under the CEC stream and received an AOR in early July. At this time, I was hoping to hear back regarding a request for a medical exam. Instead, I have received notification that CIC needs to me to provide a Saudi Police Clearance Certificate.

As part of my application package, I submitted my Canadian police clearance/RCMP background check and thought the matter was closed as I was informed the application was complete. I am aware that police clearances must be provided for all places resided for more than 6 months in the last ten years, HOWEVER, as I was applying from within Canada, the link below informed me that I don't a Saudi police clearance.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/mid-east/saudi-arabia.asp

It is my understanding that this dispensation is provided as it is nearly impossible to get a police clearance certificate as a non-resident of Saudi Arabia. As such, can anyone advise why this may have come up? Does CIC make clerical errors of this nature? Can certain documentation requests be considered too onerous/burdensome for CIC to ask for? I'm starting to panic a bit and would really appreciate any guidance or insight as to why this might be happening!

Thanks!

M.S.R

Dec 14, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-6-2015
Doc's Request.
3-11-2015
Nomination.....
6-11-2015
AOR Received.
28-12-2015
Med's Done....
4-12-2015
<< Hello All, I'm a Sri Lankan national that has lived in Canada since 2006. From 2006 to 2010 I was a student. From 2010 onwards I have had worker status. Prior to 2006, I lived in Saudi Arabia with my family since I was a child..............................>>>

You should contact with your Vissa processing center to clarify this issue & with parallel you should go to nearest Saudi Embassy or High commission to obtain your police Clarence certificate to avoid the unnecessary delay. You don't need to obtain a police certificate as per CIC website. even though you should take a parallel action to get faster...

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
sl2ubc said:
As part of my application package, I submitted my Canadian police clearance/RCMP background check
That is the only one that is NOT required!

Did you submit one for Sri Lanka?

as I was applying from within Canada, the link below informed me that I don't a Saudi police clearance.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/mid-east/saudi-arabia.asp

It is my understanding that this dispensation is provided as it is nearly impossible to get a police clearance certificate as a non-resident of Saudi Arabia. As such, can anyone advise why this may have come up? Does CIC make clerical errors of this nature?

Sometimes it's an error. My suggestion - write a letter of explanation as to why you cannot get a PCC from Saudi Arabia while living in Canada, as per CIC's own instructions (quote the website). Ask if the request for a PCC was made in error, or provide alternative instructions on how to get the PCC.

username2013

May 5, 2014
My situ is same as yours. Let me know what you decided to do here. I've emailed KSA Ottawa here: embassies.mofa.gov.sa/sites/canada/EN/ContactDiplomaticMission/Pages/ContactWithDiplomaticMission.aspx

I'll see what they reply and use that to ask them to waive it , should it look like that they are unable to provide me with a PCC