+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help Required : Issues with point caclulation

cms_76

Feb 25, 2015
I need you r help in calculating my points, but I am getting only 276, but I could see people with less experience or educational qualification has more points than I calculated, I believe I screwed up the calculation somewhere. Following are my portfolio, please help me in calculating the scores,

UG : BCA (India, 3 years)
PG : MCA (India, 3 years)
Work Experience : 13+ years of IT Experience with 10years in the current company which is an MNC and has 3 or 4 campuses in Canada.
IELTS score (Not yet written) : 6.5 \ 7 for all modules since its an estimate.
Married and have 2 kids (looking for a family migration)
Funds : "31K or more"
Spouse Education : BCom (India, 3 years), MCA (India, 3 years) with 2+ years of experience.

Please hep me in calculating the scores? Thanks in advance.

cms_76

Feb 25, 2015
Bump, Please help.

BTW, Are you all applying through any consultant or is it easy to apply ourselves?

rams2me

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
its 283.
Check your self:
http://www.canadavisa.com/comprehensive-ranking-score-calculator.html

cms_76

Feb 25, 2015
rams2me said:
Thanks RAM. Could you please help me in finding the criteria in which some are getting more points inspite of having less qualification and experience? ALso, in your opinion, how can I improve my score card?
Moreover, I saw in some of the posts that MCA is considered only as 2 bachelor degree in canada, Is it true?

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cms_76

A three year masters will be treated as masters in your ECA evaluation and fetch you 126 points since you are applying along with your spouse.

You lose out on age (and nothing could be done about it)...try scoring more in IELTS CLB 9..

cms_76

Feb 25, 2015
niravk said:
cms_76

A three year masters will be treated as masters in your ECA evaluation and fetch you 126 points since you are applying along with your spouse.

You lose out on age (and nothing could be done about it)...try scoring more in IELTS CLB 9..
Thanks.
Is IELTS the only option? I think I may be able to score 7.5 to 8 in each module, however, scoring full marks also doesnt give any significant improvement in the score.
The issue in the scoring process is that the marks for Age and experience are different and by nature they are mutually dependant.

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes scoring maximum in the language proficiency tests (English and French) is the only practically feasible option.

The scores allocated to age are rightly justified as any country would prefer to bring younger workforce in their territory, so that can contribute more towards the economy in terms of longevity of their service

LIBRAN

Feb 25, 2015
That brings me one question.

I am 44 years of age with Masters degrees and 20 years of experience. Without IELTS, I could score 41 points. Even if I score 8/8/8/8 in IELTs, I could increase my points to 65. If I add my wife's IELTs, I might end up with 70 points. Is that possible or difficult to achieve?

With this 70 points, I create a profile and approach job bank. Fortunately, if I get an offer from some employer in Canada, it carries another 10 points to back my eligibility. Is that right?

cms_76

Feb 25, 2015
LIBRAN said:

I am 44 years of age with Masters degrees and 20 years of experience. Without IELTS, I could score 41 points. Even if I score 8/8/8/8 in IELTs, I could increase my points to 65. If I add my wife's IELTs, I might end up with 70 points. Is that possible or difficult to achieve?

With this 70 points, I create a profile and approach job bank. Fortunately, if I get an offer from some employer in Canada, it carries another 10 points to back my eligibility. Is that right?
This discussion is not about the eligibility points, its the Express pool evaluation points. In my case the eligibility points were 72 or 74 (from an online calculator)

Check the CIC eligibility calculator, even though it wont give you the eligibility points, you will get to know where you need to score to become eligible. As far as I understand, a Canadian job in hand is the key which will give you a clear 600 points to get an invitation. I am not sure what are the ways to find the opportunities, looking forward for suggestions.

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LIBRAN said:

Libran

This is the points calculator for you (assuming you are immigrating alone)
Age - 5
Education - 135 (if you have a masters degree)
IELTS - 124 ((band of 8 across all four modules - (31*4))
Skill transferability - 50
Foreign work exp - 50

Libran...you score 364 points with the assumptions mentioned above and foreign work experience. You can also improve your score tally by learning french. Hope this helps.

cms_76

Feb 25, 2015
niravk said:
Libran...you score 364 points
Great.
#niravk, could you please post a breakup of my points based on the portfolio given in my first post? Thanks in advance.

LIBRAN

Feb 25, 2015
@niravk,

Thanks for giving the breakup. That helps really.

Only input from my end is, I will be immigrating with my wife and two children (13 and 12 years age).

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LIBRAN, you are most welcome..

More or less the points tally will remain the same, as you can score the maximum points under the stated parameters if you are planning to apply along with your spouse.

(eg - If both of you have a masters, you claim 126 points and your spouse 10..so total 136...instead of you claiming 135 if applied alone)..hope you get it

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello cms

Based on the given candidature..you score a total of 347 points

Age 61 (both)
Education - 126+10=136
IELTS - 88+12=100 (Assuming scores of both of you are equivalent to CLB 8)
Foreign work - 25
Two post secondary - 25

Total 347

However if you score well in IELTS and achieve CLB 9 for all the four modules, then another 50 points will be added to your tally of 347. Hope this helps..