+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help! removing Common Law Partner to my EE Application

Potter Harry

Jun 9, 2022
Hi. Hope someone can help me out.
I am a PNP EE applicant. AOR February 2022. I am in a conjugal relationship since 2017 but we started cohabiting only March 2021. Added my CLP March 2022 on my application as it marks our first year of cohabitation. Additional documents, medicals and Biometrics all completed just last month, May 2022. Now recently, last week I just found out that my CLP is cheating on me like since last year. So dumb of me not to know that.

Can I remove my CLP from my application even if I just recently added him? Will this pose a negative effect on my application? I didn't claim points for his credentials by the way. I initially applied single, just added him recently and want to remove him because of the cheating. I dont want him to get PR because he's already cheating on me. Like we've been in a relationship for so long, already had this plan to migrate together but now I am done. Cheating is a nono.

Can you help me out. What should I do and what documents should I submit. Appreciate any replies. Thanks.

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
I am a PNP EE applicant. AOR February 2022. I am in a conjugal relationship since 2017 but we started cohabiting only March 2021. Added my CLP March 2022 on my application as it marks our first year of cohabitation. Additional documents, medicals and Biometrics all completed just last month, May 2022. Now recently, last week I just found out that my CLP is cheating on me like since last year. So dumb of me not to know that.

Can I remove my CLP from my application even if I just recently added him? Will this pose a negative effect on my application? I didn't claim points for his credentials by the way. I initially applied single, just added him recently and want to remove him because of the cheating. I dont want him to get PR because he's already cheating on me. Like we've been in a relationship for so long, already had this plan to migrate together but now I am done. Cheating is a nono.

Can you help me out. What should I do and what documents should I submit. Appreciate any replies. Thanks.
Hi,

Sorry to hear about your situation. There can be two options for removing a CLP from the application !

Option 1: Raise an IRCC web form

You can raise an IRCC web form to keep the officers informed about your current relationship situations.
Follow this link: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

You can also attach a Letter of explanation in this web form. Following this web form, you would get a response and/or further instructions from IRCC that you need to follow. You might be asked to upload some documents/forms.

Option 2: Withdraw the application and re-apply being single (if applicable).

The second option is to withdraw your current application (again by raising the IRCC webform) and apply again being a single applicant. If this seems feasible to you !

Hope this helps. Good luck !

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

You can certainly ask IRCC to remove him from the application. I would include a letter (you could make this an affidavit) stating that you have severed the common law relationship and are no longer living together.

Potter Harry

Jun 9, 2022
You can certainly ask IRCC to remove him from the application. I would include a letter (you could make this an affidavit) stating that you have severed the common law relationship and are no longer living together.
Thank you for your reply. Appreciate it. Will it not be a red flag on my application since I just recently added him? We've been together for more than 4 years though since 2017 but just fulfilled 1 year cohabitation last March that is why I added him recently. Will IRCC not question why I'm suddenly removing him?

Appreciate your response.

Potter Harry

Jun 9, 2022
Hi,

Sorry to hear about your situation. There can be two options for removing a CLP from the application !

Option 1: Raise an IRCC web form

You can raise an IRCC web form to keep the officers informed about your current relationship situations.
Follow this link: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

You can also attach a Letter of explanation in this web form. Following this web form, you would get a response and/or further instructions from IRCC that you need to follow. You might be asked to upload some documents/forms.

Option 2: Withdraw the application and re-apply being single (if applicable).

The second option is to withdraw your current application (again by raising the IRCC webform) and apply again being a single applicant. If this seems feasible to you !

Hope this helps. Good luck !
Thank you for your reply.
I would probably go with option 1. My score is not that high and I am a PNP. Not quite sure if I can still get PNP nomination if I withdraw.
My only worry is that will IRCC not think it is a red flag? like I added him then remove him again? There not much change in my points though because regardless if I add him or not, my CRS points will still be above the cutoff score when I got invited.

Appreciate your response. Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for your reply. Appreciate it. Will it not be a red flag on my application since I just recently added him? We've been together for more than 4 years though since 2017 but just fulfilled 1 year cohabitation last March that is why I added him recently. Will IRCC not question why I'm suddenly removing him?

Appreciate your response.
You can certainly explain that you found out he cheated on you and you have therefore split up, moved out and are no longer living together. I do think it's important that you no longer be living together at the time you submit the request to remove him from the application.

Potter Harry

Jun 9, 2022
You can certainly explain that you found out he cheated on you and you have therefore split up, moved out and are no longer living together. I do think it's important that you no longer be living together at the time you submit the request to remove him from the application.
I see but technically we have a leasing contract until September this year. I already asked him to move out though. So we need to update addresses then.
I just found out last week and I'm still in shock. We tried to sort it out but I already said no. I don't want us to both get residency then he will just cheat on me like he's just using me to get PR.
What do you think is the best document to submit aside from the affidavit?

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
In that case just explain everything to IRCC. IRCC is completely aware about such things because there are many similar candidates. So, your request will surely be entertained.

Potter Harry

Jun 9, 2022
In that case just explain everything to IRCC. IRCC is completely aware about such things because there are many similar candidates. So, your request will surely be entertained.
Thanks for this. I already submitted a webform. Waiting for their response. I hope I'm just in time. I am devastated and stressed with what's going on with my application but hoping for the best. Thank you all for your help.